The camping essentials - I've found a bargain which you all need to know about thread...

The Other Steve

Tesco appear to be having a 'Bank Holiday Sale' in its camping section, ending next Monday. The link is HERE. The only things that jumped out at me as particularly good value were the rucksacks, as I have had a Tescos one for quite a few years now and they seem pretty good (although maybe just a little too small).

And of course I should remind people that the two-man tents listed in the sale are cheap single-skin ones which are terrible and should be avoided!

You say that, I picked up a 2 man one when i went to a festival in Zurich a couple of years back as it was cheap and I was leaving it there/binning it when finished. Survived a all-night thunderstorm with no problems!

• Downvote 1

You say that, I picked up a 2 man one when i went to a festival in Zurich a couple of years back as it was cheap and I was leaving it there/binning it when finished. Survived a all-night thunderstorm with no problems!

FFS!!

The thing is, it was probably better in those conditions than it would have been if the weather was good.

The main problem with Single Skin tents isn't whether they're waterproof (they're usually made out of the same material so they should at least repel rain), it's that they tend to be sealed units so you get more condensation building up on the inside of the skin. This is compounded by the fact that there's nowhere for it to go other than down, so you get puddles forming on the floor of the tent. The fact they're sealed also means they get hotter, quicker in the morning which is unfortunate when you're trying to not wake up.

dry shampoo is a must for me. my hair gets greasy incredibly fast and dry shampoo is the best cure for that at a festival (well, there's also actual showers, but the likelihood of me going to them is slim)

By this I take it you mean the Batiste tinned spray stuff?

Has anyone ever used "Waterless Shampoo"? the stuff you lather in your hair then towel dry out.

By this I take it you mean the Batiste tinned spray stuff?

Has anyone ever used "Waterless Shampoo"? the stuff you lather in your hair then towel dry out.

Someone on here bought some in the efests shop and said it worked quite well, I'm going to give it a try as I've never had much success with Batiste type dry shampoos.

Will have to test it before I bring then, would you put it on every morning?

Yes you would put it on every morning, it is a godsend for someone whos hair gets greasy quickly but you can just as easily wash your hair and rinse off with a big bottle of water. Especially for a guy as I expect your hair would be shorter.

Dunno what to do about hair this year. I'm losing it like mad (receeding), and it falls out a hell of a lot worse if i don't properly wash it daily.

Gonna be bald by the end of the weekend.

Edited by A13

I like the Lush dry shampoo. It comes in a bottle and you pour some of the powder out onto your hands then rub it in. It gets a bit messier than the spray stuff but I find it works better, and smells very nice too.

I usually take a bar of Lush godiva shampoo in the small tin in case I absolutely have to wash my hair. I've only ever used Batiste dry shampoo which works ok but not great so I think I might try some of the Lush stuff instead, cheers!

I think they've been posted on this thread before, but a few weeks ago I bought a pair of Goodyear Outlander boots from the efestivals camping shop. So far I think they're not quite up to the standard of the top of the line muck boots, but are probably the best I've seen in the price range (a shade under 50 quid delivered). Definitely a huge step up from regular Wellies. Very happy with the purchase.

Dunno what to do about hair this year. I'm losing it like mad (receeding), and it falls out a hell of a lot worse if i don't properly wash it daily.

Gonna be bald by the end of the weekend.

A - accept it, now before it gets to anywhere silly

B - buy a sunhat *NOW* - if it's newly exposed skin it'll be oh-so-sensitive and will be burnt before you're in the gate

My hair is crazy long, will the dry shampoo still work? Or do you just use it on your scalp and not the lengths?

I have long thick hair too. Just spray dry shampoo on the roots then brush through. I've used it many a festival and it's great

• Upvote 1

I have long thick hair too. Just spray dry shampoo on the roots then brush through. I've used it many a festival and it's great

Will pick some up and give it a try then. Mine is starting to get near the back of my knees now but will probably cut it a bit before Glasto.