An adult conversation about drugs?!

Guest lifelessfool

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

correct

the government also does not commission research on issues where there is a vast existing body of research on which to draw...that would be, at the very least, a waste of money

that's not entirely true (in the way it's worded, anyway - I'm not saying you're 100% wrong), because of course some research becomes out-of-date for one reason or another.

But I can't see how it would be any govt dept other than the Home Office which would have commissioned research on the subject that worm said .... and given that they have their own huge research departments* that are run on a fully academic basis with rules which stops any politician subjugating the research they do in-house, and the exact same rules apply with any outside research, my chin is itching hugely.

(* research departments that I used to visit regularly)

that's not entirely true (in the way it's worded, anyway - I'm not saying you're 100% wrong), because of course some research becomes out-of-date for one reason or another.

But I can't see how it would be any govt dept other than the Home Office which would have commissioned research on the subject that worm said .... and given that they have their own huge research departments* that are run on a fully academic basis with rules which stops any politician subjugating the research they do in-house, and the exact same rules apply with any outside research, my chin is itching hugely.

(* research departments that I used to visit regularly)

Edited by abdoujaparov

in either case, the departments have now largely contracte dout their research functions (the HO used to have a big in-house research department, but this has shrunk significantly over the last 25 years)

yeah, I know .... I know a lot of people who worked at the RSD (and RPU, as it was before that). The RSD has only recently been changed (less than 2 years ago).

It still happens in the same way tho. There's no way what worm said would get thru.

We've been over this many times in the past and you're still not listening.

Here's the concept: an academic too lazy or busy or unable to write up their own work assigns a ghost writer to do it. The ghost writer is paid the cash and annonymity is assured. It's kinda like paid cheating.

it's a different story each time you tell it matey. :lol:

But OK, if we go with this version, then it's not your feckin' research and neither were you commissioned by the govt at all.

And yet you said....

I was given a well funded piece of research to do by the government ... <snip> ... They gave it back to me and told me to fabricate the results

So you weren't given anything by the govt, and the govt didn't tell you to fabricate it.

But what did happen if your claims were true is that you were given a writing project by a worthless charlatan.

I wonder why he picked you to do his writing.

I don't have access to the information, but it'll have been someone from the media department.

PMSL. You don't realise what you're saying. :lol:

So what did your researching consist of? Reading the research of other people, and then writing up a version of what you'd read?

The research was compiled and the data was already available. They, the government, wanted someone to write it up as a piece for the academic media.

:blink:

I don't know what more I can say.

You might think of something eventually I guess.

The research was compiled and the data was already available. They, the government, wanted someone to write it up as a piece for the academic media. I should imagine it's still available on-line. They wanted it done according to positivist control. I did it according to social constructivism, which gives it a completely different slant altogether not in-keeping with their political message.

I don't know what more I can say.