Darren Callingham Woods, Darren Minnall, Darren Luckhurst...

Becky63

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If i thought the police could help, I would, but essentially, I have handed him the money. So don't think there's anything they'd do. It's not like he took it against my will at the time.. He's not a very popular fella by all accounts though I have noticed... Thanks though...x

Someone doesn't have to take money off you against your will for it to be illegal. I don't know what this bellend has done, but if he has made financial gain through deceit then you could well have a case. At least give the fuzz a call.

Does anyone know his whereabouts? He has ripped me off for a large sum of money and this is apparently not the first time this has happened. If anyone has some information I would be very grateful. He writes for efestivals and did reviews for Alchemy. Darrendbh on here I think. Thank you. x

We're sorry to hear of this. :(

eFestivals was aware of allegations of Darren having not supplied tickets he'd been paid for, but we checked back with that person before using Darren's review and were told that he'd paid the money back and the matter was settled.

We would not have used his review had we known that the same situation existed with others. We can't act on something we're not aware about.

We encourage anyone who has been ripped off by anyone using this site to lket us know so that we can take appropriate action.

If you'd like to contact me directly via webmaster@efestivals.co.uk I'll be happy to pass on to you the email address that we have for Darren (which are the only contact details we have for him) - tho it might well be the case that we'd be telling you something that you already know.

Edited by eFestivals

As I've pointed out on a number of occasions, forum friends or facebook friends are not your friends. It is foolish to think that they are, and to trust them as you would your real friends.

That aside, I do know that at least one person has been successful in retrieving money from Darren, so Becky might have the same luck if she keeps pursuing things.

Very true Neil, but there is a lot of people I meet at festivals that are my real friends now.. trust has to be earned and respect shown between people.

That said, people should be careful when dealing with people they don't know very well.. it could be someone like THIS :censored:

Very true Neil, but there is a lot of people I meet at festivals that are my real friends now.. trust has to be earned and respect shown between people.

yup, tho I believe it's the case that some people would have applied that idea to Darren, and it's turned out to not be the case.

The world is full of people who will abuse a person's trust given half a chance.

The world is full of people who will abuse a person's trust given half a chance.

Yeah fraid so, and can even come from 'real life' friends.. :(

People have trusted me a lot in the past on this website with regards to getting Glasto tickets sorted, multiple times and I have also done the same in regards to other tickets.

But at the end of the day, this low life scum has damaged peoples trust and hopefully gets whats coming to him.

fortunatley ive not been conned out of any money buy him, although he never buys drinks, will say, i'll get them in, then leave various members of the group at the bar to pay it all. tit.

anyway, we (me and wife) are done with him, i guess we were drawn in too, giving benefit of doubt etc, but not any more.

I am using twitter/facebook, as modt of you know to get his image and story out there hope you get him

He's a sleeket wee slimeball and has conned several of my friends out of money. I know he has paid some of the money back but the lies and deceit involved in each con was unbelievable. i know that at one point he claimed to have been admitted to hospital with a heart attack in an atempt to wriggle out of the folk chasing him. There is also at least one person who has kissed his money goodbye to avoid people knowing that he fell for it despite being in full knowledge of what had happened to others.

He never fitted in at efest camp, always sitting on the outskirts of the company watching everyone else. Steer clear of him folks!

He never fitted in at efest camp, always sitting on the outskirts of the company watching everyone else.

Oh c'mon - the rest of what you say is perfectly reasonable, but the part I've quoted is more than a little ridiculous. :lol:

The proof of a good person or not is not made by how much they might choose to join in with a another group of people or not.

fortunatley ive not been conned out of any money buy him, although he never buys drinks, will say, i'll get them in, then leave various members of the group at the bar to pay it all. tit.

What a despicable human being :resent:

But on a more serious note, I hope this doesn't stop people from trusting other festival goers. Yes bad things can happen and it's horrible when they do but for the most part people are good and will go out btheir way to help you. People perhaps just have to be a bit more careful when dealing with people they've met online, even if they have met them.

Hi Becky, really sorry to hear that you have been ripped off by this man...Im one of the ones that was taken in by him too, but luckily managed to get my money back. Wasn't easy, took alot of phone calls, emails, fb, other people phoning etc, and yep, we had all the excuses, heart attack, paid it...paid it..paid it, bank paid it to someone elses bank account so now he technically has to pay it twice, all that bollocks, but I guess my point is, if you keep on at him, eventually he caves in.

I guess the only thing that you can take from this is, that what he gained in monetary value, he has lost 100 times more in the value in friendships. I hope now that everyone will know what this man is, and that no one else will be taken in. Altho i do doubt that, as he does seem to attach himself to people who are caring and kind, and takes total advantage of their good nature...but karma will sort him out :O)

I really hope that you get your money back, and quickly, and of course if I hear of any leads of where he is, I will let you know.

Big Hugs Colette x