Pukkelpop 2012

Guest johnybegood

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www.festivali...ukkelpop-namen/

Was also mentioned on Twitter over the weekend. Think they are doing it early this year to try and drum up support and get people on board right from the start. There's no gaurantee that people will want to come back after last year, or indeed trust the festival to deliver a strong line up after all the financial problems. I'm going for Foo Fighters, Stone Roses and the Killers as the 3 headliners but will probably be wrong as usual ;)

http://www.festivali...ukkelpop-namen/

Was also mentioned on Twitter over the weekend. Think they are doing it early this year to try and drum up support and get people on board right from the start. There's no gaurantee that people will want to come back after last year, or indeed trust the festival to deliver a strong line up after all the financial problems. I'm going for Foo Fighters, Stone Roses and the Killers as the 3 headliners but will probably be wrong as usual ;)

its ok nothing amazing .... obviously more names to come.

im probably the only one who thinks Bjork is by far the best of the 3 headliners

suprised by no Sigur Ros but i would have to go if they subbed to Bjork...that would be beyond epic

some very very good dance/electro names

My only early prediction is that for the 3rd time in 5 Pukkelpops, Hot Chip will be the cause of the biggest clash/headache/soul-searching decision of the weekend, having been head-to-head with Editors in 2008 and then Mumford & Sons in 2010.

On both occasions arguably the 2 best bands of the festival playing at the same time...

After going for the past three years I wasnt sure if I would make a return this year. Part of me wanted to go after what happened last year, but at the same time I was looking to go somewhere different - maybe Lowlands.

Anyway, my Brother took care of that decision by announcing he is getting Married on the 17th!

Really pleased that they have got a strong line-up this year. Hope everyone that goes has a great time.

Aside from the Stone Roses, who I had resigned myself to missing a long time ago, there isn't really anyone announced so far that I'm devasted I won't be seeing. That's not to say it isn't a strong line up but many of the bands I like have already played in the last few years. Looks like there's another big act to go under the Roses on Friday and maybe a couple of Marquee headliners still to come? This first announcement has loads of dance acts/DJs and they've definitely gone in very heavy on the bass this year. The Hessle Audio crew will be well worth catching between Friday and Saturday and it's also nice to see some techno back on the line up with Len Faki, Carl Craig, Laurent Garnier and SCNTST.

My only early prediction is that for the 3rd time in 5 Pukkelpops, Hot Chip will be the cause of the biggest clash/headache/soul-searching decision of the weekend, having been head-to-head with Editors in 2008 and then Mumford & Sons in 2010.

On both occasions arguably the 2 best bands of the festival playing at the same time...

It's not a bad announcement... in my opinion better than last year first announcement but much worse than 2010...

I'm surprised with not seeing dEUS (from Belgium) and Within Temptation (from Holland) announced... I thoght that these "local" bands would support the festival after 2011 tragedy (as they were supposed to play in that edition)