Pukkelpop 2012

Guest johnybegood

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone know if there are anymore bands to be added? My Friday looks a bit weak apart from the amazing Grandaddy of course. I would like to see more bands in the Raveonettes, or Los Campesinos mold but it's looking unlikely. I suppose one hope we have of getting some more decent bands is that it hasn't sold out yet.

I am not holding my breath for any replies though as this board is as dead as Axl Roses' career.

Coming all the way from Barcelona and want to avoid camping as my little sister has some bad allergies. How is public transport at night after the shows if we get a Hotel/B&B in Hasselt? Any accommodation recommendations?

Thanks a lot : )

There's a free shuttle bus between Hasselt station and the PP site, the last one back into town leaves about 20 minutes after the last band each night. If you miss it, it's a 30-40 minute walk (or a taxi).

Good luck with finding accommodation though. Most (certainly all the cheap) hotels have been full for months. If you're feeling rich and want to stay where Foo Fighters stay, the Radisson Blu has some rooms left, but that's over € 100 per night. If you trawl around you 'might' find a b&b no one knew about.

If Hasselt's full, Genk is your next best bet. You can get a train from there to Hasselt in the mornings, but you probably face a taxi ride to get back to Genk late at night.

Edited by Trufflehound

With snoop dog added, there are only 7 bands in Main Stage on thursday. I think that one more band will be added. I think that Within Temptation will be announced the week after Rock Wertcher.

Snoop Dog is a waste of budget, however Thursday's line up is amazing

Edited by johnybegood

With snoop dog added, there are only 7 bands in Main Stage on thursday. I think that one more band will be added. I think that Within Temptation will be announced the week after Rock Wertcher.

Snoop Dog is a waste of budget, however Thursday's line up is amazing

Anyone know what the parking is like?

How far from campsite ©?

How easy/quick to get off on the Saturday night?

Driving from UK, wondering about when to book the return ferry for. Need to travel back Sunday and don't want to set stuck in an 8 hr jam and miss the boat!

(sad, I know - not even there yet and thinking about leaving!)

Cheers

Went to see the stone roses in Manchester over the weekend and they were amazing. The crowd was full of nobs and the organisation was non existent so can't wait to see them at ppop in a more chilled atmosphere. Prepare to be blown away!

Edited by jimmyjimmy4080

I'm heading to Pukkelpop for the first time this year. Quite an experienced festival goer, been to Reading, Glasto, TITP etc but nothing in europe. How is the state of play regarding tent theft at Pukkelpop? I'm lucky to have never experienced it so far, nearly got robbed at Reading in 09 when I was sleeping but one of my mates dragged him out by his leg!

Cheers for the info. Yeah I always employ all the common sense rules and I will be getting a locker, just to be safe. That's a shame about peoples tents getting ransacked last year. With the ever increasing prices of some of the UK festivals (which offer little in return for the price increase), Pukkelpop is a bargain.

Not long now.

I live 20 mins from Heaton Park but made a decision not to go as I knew it would be full of bell ends and the organisation would be shit. Just hoping the performance will be as good at PP, hopefully with them mixing up the tunes a bit.

Great news about Snoop Dogg being announced. brilliant addition to the line up as far as I'm concerned.

Had time to check out some of the line up who I'd not heard before, particularly the Boiler Room and Dance Hall. Fuck me, it's all dubstep, dubstep or bloody dubstep on the Thursday. Luckily that's the night with the most going on elsewhere or I'd be buggered.

Would be nice to see another medium to big band or two announced, especially for the Friday which still looks weak apart from the Roses, but I think that's probably it. Thursday main stage still has a gap for 1 or 2 more as well.

oh, and I'll be cancelling a twin room at the Holiday Inn in Hasselt over the next few days so one might be coming available on booking.com.

Can't wait now.

It's been very muggy and humid the last couple of weeks but barely a day has gone by without some rain, occasionally very heavy but never lasting that long. When the cloud clears it's lovely but, as it's been pretty windy, it's usually back within a few hours. Ground is still reasonably firm but, as you well know, timing is everything at festivals. Heavy rain on the first day will make pretty much any site a mud bath but I'll give you a more accurate update nearer the time.

As for the white linen suit, you need to wear that whatever the weather. Then post up some pics.

I'm going Pukkelpop for the first time this year from Manchester. This thread has been a good read as I have struggled finding a forum for it and good information.

I'm going on my own so if anyone fancies meeting let me know.