Kendal Calling 2012

Guest Flaminglippy

Its all to do with how long it rains for, the park does reach a saturation point and at that point your knackered last years world sheep dog trials on the same site was a complete wash out they were dragging them on never mind dragging them off to get out.

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I saw some TV pictures of the trials - it looked absolutely foul conditions - more akin to sheep duck trials than sheep dog!!

Not panicking about the weather at all - I've camped in the Dales in some very nasty conditions lol

The comment about the new road intrigues me - is this a new covering on an existing road/track or a new road/track completely? If its something completely new, maybe will give us a clue as to the site layout for this year,

Its good having a 'spy' in the area.....keep up the good work!!

Edited by lakeland5

Boooooo! Boooooo! lol

Cheers anyway lakeland, thanks for the insight......nowt wrong with a bit of lighthearted banter lol....only 5 weeks for us to wait now.

Are you doing any festivals as a punter at all this year?

Edited by lakeland5

It'll be fine...and if it does rain, who cares?? You'll get dry again...eventually. Plus, all the wusses will sod off early so you'll be left with the people that are really, really up ferret. Rain or shine...we're gonna have a brilliant weekend.

...I bet even the ones that have made it to the IOW will enjoy themselves.

Edit - Just looked at their line-up...I take that last comment back.

i've seen a few glastonbury horror shows where tents close to paths have been trampled in to the mud and disappeared without a trace on the first night before bands even started ! mud at festivals is fine if youre camped in the middle of a field, i tip my hat to any poor sod camped next to the paths or toilets, say goodbye to your tents now !

anyways, its gonna be sunny at kendal !

Announcements next week do we reckon?? Its only 4 weeks away and theres still loads tbc.

Using the logic employed by a mate's kid I'm hoping it'll be dry on the basis that 'there can't be anymore water left in the sky'...not good taking science lessons off a 4 year old.

Having said that I do work with somebody in her 40's who said to me on a particularly windy day 'That means it'll get dark earlier'. When I asked her to clarify wtf she was on about she said, I swear on my life, 'Well, the wind will blow the sun across the sky quicker so night will come earlier'.

Its very hard to call somebody a galloping toss-wit when all your oxegen has been forced out through laughing.

i've seen a few glastonbury horror shows where tents close to paths have been trampled in to the mud and disappeared without a trace on the first night before bands even started ! mud at festivals is fine if youre camp ed in the middle of a field, i tip my hat to any poor sod camped next to the paths or toilets, say goodbye to your tents now !

anyways, its gonna be sunny at kendal !

See the KC organisers have had to cancel the 2nd Jodrell Bank show due to a months rainfall in 1 day, i can see why, the hailstones are stotting off the conservatory roof over here !

i look forward to the motorbike ride to work in a couple of hours !

i was just wondering if there was going to be any lockers to keep our valuables in while we are in the fields?

and does anyone know what the latest time i can get in on Thursday if i have a Thursday ticket

Edited by xthomasevans