Kendal Calling 2012

Guest Flaminglippy

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I quite like the fact we've only got one thread...start back at the beginning and reading on sounds like the ramblings of a bunch of loons!

4 weeks today I'll be-.

* Getting paid, (including 39 hours overtime at double time)

* Having a half day (and maybe, just maybe, a quick beer after...)

* Already packed for an early start for Kendal TOMORROW...

Happy days...happy days!

I quite like the fact we've only got one thread...start back at the beginning and reading on sounds like the ramblings of a bunch of loons!

4 weeks today I'll be-.

Happy days...happy days!

i tried to tackle the thread from the beginning a couple of weeks ago,gave up pretty sharpish as there were more repeats than uk gold ! A big thread is good in one way, when you use the forum all the time but if you're a newcomer, where do you start !

would be nice to have at least a few topics based on bands and rumours, advice and general banter.

4 weeks today i'll be -

*Recovered from Wickerman but still in Scotland on a few days holiday

*Fully packed and just making sure everything survived the weekend before

*Missing the forum banter cos its easier to win the pools than get a phone signal where were going !

4 weeks today I'll be-.

Happy days...happy days!

Festivals on consecutive weekends?? Hardcore! I did that once with V and Reading...nearly killed me! Literally got back in my gaff after Reading, took off my rucksack, started shaking and didn't get out of bed for 3 days! Was thinking...if there was one suggestion I could make for Kendal to make it even more perfect it would be having a film tent...imagine, bands have finished so you get 5k pissheads watching 'Life of Brian', 'Spinal Tap' and 'The Big Lebowski' at 3am

FlamingLippy why do that?!

Why get me all excited?

Think this will be me...

5.15pm - FINISH WORK

6.00pm - ASDA for big shop and last minute comedy purchases.

7.00pm - Meet the team who we are coming up with, maybe sample a few ales

9.00pm - Home to pack and make sure Im sorted

10.30pm - Lay in bed and try sleep

Edited by ramragon

Guest manc_al

Not as hardcore as you think (hopefully !)

Wickerman is only a 2 day festival on fri and sat and then we're stopping at the wifes parents holiday home which is only 20 miles away from the Wickerman site. We relax there from sunday lunchtime until thursday morning and then its a trip down to Kendal for another 4 or so days of fun.

If Wickerman was a full 3 festival with an extra days camping an boozing it might have been a different story ! I was looking for a festival the week after as well cos i've still got a bit of time off but nothing really took my festival, plus my wifes reaction of "3 festivals in 2 weeks, you're taking the lash !" convinced me otherwise

As far as i know theres me, Manc Al and ComfortablyNumb doing the 2, anyone else owning up to this festival trawl ?

4 weeks today I'll be:

4:30pm - finish work

6:00pm - Asda for the big shop

8:00pm - stack all our gear in the middle of the garage

8:01pm - stop the dog sulking when he sees all the stuff mounting

8:05pm - stop my lad sulking when he realises hes going to work the next day

8:10pm - laugh at my lad sulking when he realises hes working the day after that

8:15pm - laugh at the thought of my lad trying to look after himself for a weekend

8:20pm - start to fret that the house will be wrecked when we return with the parties he'll be having

8:30pm - stop the dog from laying on top of all the gear

9:00pm - locate tickets in the house (!!!)

Roll on Thursday morning!!

FlamingLippy why do that?!

Why get me all excited?

Think this will be me...

5.15pm - FINISH WORK

6.00pm - ASDA for big shop and last minute comedy purchases.

7.00pm - Meet the team who we are coming up with, maybe sample a few ales

9.00pm - Home to pack and make sure Im sorted

10.30pm - Lay in bed and try sleep

have you ever used a film tent at a festival before, its one of those things ive often thought of doing but never actually got round to it. Every year i look at the wednesday and thursday cinema line up at glastonbury and think "that'll do me", every wednesday and thursday i end up drunk on the park hill and stagger back to the tent thinking "maybes next year "

Guest manc_al

have you ever used a film tent at a festival before, its one of those things ive often thought of doing but never actually got round to it. Every year i look at the wednesday and thursday cinema line up at glastonbury and think "that'll do me", every wednesday and thursday i end up drunk on the park hill and stagger back to the tent thinking "maybes next year "

This is very random and if we had our own forum the thread title would be ''What do you do for a living?''

So with that in mind, 'What does everybody do for a living?'

I'll go first, I am Graphic Designer and work for a marketing company.