Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest Flaminglippy

Kendal Calling 2012

2,694 posts in this topic

I didn't...some of the guys I was there with did.

We'll have to sort the E-fest meet-up up at some point.

Was telling my missus about this and she had a look at the forum and goes 'Why does everybody have weird names?'. I was like 'Don't let Ramragon and Joy Division Oven Gloves hear you say that!'

Hydrostatic Head means the amount of water held directly above the tent fabric in a tube before it start to leak - the higher the number the more waterproof the tent - entry level these days is 2000, anything above is a bonus.

Well you learn something new every day, just bought a tent 3000hh so now I know what it means sounds a decent one.

I always end up saying this, but it is a really obvious thing when you think about it. Don't take loo roll, take pocket tissues. You are not going to carry a whole loo roll round with you all day, and if you tear off any amount of it, even if you put it in a little polythene bag, when you come to use it it'll be a scrunched up little mess.

A pack of pocket tissues is easily portable and stays dry and usable all day long.

You can get 12 packs of them in a poundshop!

Also - the padlock thing - it doesn't only say "I have stuff worth nicking" , it also says "I'm out"! A padlock doesn't lock a tent, it just ensure that anyone who does want to rob you has to wreck your tent to do it.

Also - as a "young person" you may be OK with a roll mat - I was when I was young! It's as I've got older that I've started to creak! Air beds are good though!

Have a brilliant time!

Kendal calling is fantastic ............

But how would you feel if there was a real potential of you as a person losing out financially while it took place ?

Maybe manc Al has an opinion or has he just bought into the twitter bull shit?

Kendal calling is fantastic ............

But how would you feel if there was a real potential of you as a person losing out financially while it took place ?

Maybe manc Al has an opinion or has he just bought into the twitter bull bull shit?

No pages missing mate, the pages have yet to be written !

Not impressed by one or 2 things I have been told this week.

Gonna take a few days to collect my thoughts .

Maybe manc Al has an opinion or has he just bought into the twitter bull shit?

It's not an attack atyou manc al, your obviously a good guy just by following your previous posts.

I'm not into social networking really but some one told me to get on twitter , and check out the BS.

2 accounts later (couldn't remember password on first). I finally found it.

You tweeted something along the lines disappointed about capacity increase , they replied guest list down ticket sales up , that's bull shit. You been mugged off by them!

Eden district licensing say 13000 tickets and so do their event production manager.

I know this as fact cos I have had conversations with both !

As a fan of KC I'm pretty underwhelmed at what I'm hearing , and tbh dreading Friday the 27 th of July .

tumbleweeds.........................

eggshells being walked on................

er did anyone catch the england game last night ?!? :suicide:

Arg! Found out my ticket got cancelled because there was a problem with my bank! Does anyone have a spare they want to sell? :(:(:(

Arg! Found out my ticket got cancelled because there was a problem with my bank! Does anyone have a spare they want to sell? :(:(:(

Thanks ramragon! I'm going to live in Oz next year and really wanted a KC on my list as heard so many good things!

http://www.kendalcalling.co.uk/tickets

Here's a link to the waiting list. Slap your name on now

It's not a priority list but will probably give you a better chance of getting a ticket

There looks like a few tickets are going on the facebook page too at facd value...

Kendal is gonna be very interesting this year!

1_TopicAd.jpg

Just in case !

All joking aside i heard a few good reports about the houseparty tent after i came back last year, almost typically its a tent i never ventured in to, expecting it to be a sort of 2nd dance tent. Anyone like to comment on what it was like ?

must do more variety of stages this year, which may be hard at times because the main stage line up looks really strong on sat an sun