Hop Farm 2012

Guest yasgursfarmhand

• Replies 545
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

In terms of supermarkets though, it depends how you're getting there. The Hop Farm is in Paddock Wood, but you really would need to get a car to the supermarket there as it's a couple of miles away. However, Tonbridge is just a 10 minute train journey and there is a Sainsburys about a 3 minute walk from Tonbridge station. There are shuttle busses that go from the site to Paddock Wood station so that could be an option.

Hi BevFD, I'm going too with 3 others for the weekend but like fairy I only went for the day last year so can't be much help on the camping front.

So that's 6 of us and I know one other efester who is going with a few others! We'll be in the campervan fields but I will also be at Primal Scream (probably!) don't know about the rest of my group.

My daughter's boyfriend camped last year but I doubt he went near the showers :stink:

I'll try and find out about the camping situation and get back but don't hold your breath, he's pretty unobservant and laid back about that sort of thing, lol!

(If your actual name is Bev then hi Bev, I'm a Bev too :hi: )

Hi Bev :bye: Thanks for replying and offering to get some info.

I did manage to discover on fb that the walk from the car park to the campsite is 5 minutes or so and is pretty flat, also about 20 showers on the site and queues not too bad so that's all good. Personally I'm happy with a bowl of hot water and a flannel but my mate absolutely dies in a ditch if he doesn't get to shower so he should be fine.

Not long now!!!! Can't wait to see Primal Scream :girldance:

hello hello :)

much excited and nervousness, two weeks, Eeep.

will be my first hop farm, although a commited festival goer, and will be on my own.

any hints and tips on where to camp, what not to miss?

also, are there any other newbies out there or hardened festival goers that could take me under their wing?

not in a "i'll follow you around and be a pain in the arse way", more just so i don't feel quite so alone in thousands of people :) although if i'm honest, i am kinda looking forward to that bit a little :)

xx

...what not to miss?

I recommend that you check out Psychedelic Furs - an utterly superb band in their day (a very long time ago now) .... I've not seen them since 1986, but will be catching them in Bristol in early July.

I'd say that the Furs were the major inspiration for Editors, so if you like them you should like the Furs. But Editors are defo a poor-mans version.

he he he :) thanks Admin.

i'm good for musically what not to miss, and yes the furs are on my to do list, so to speak, that's why i had to go, even if on my own :) x

Looks like I'm going to Hop Farm too now this year as well as Bestival. Probably asked a million times before already on here, but is any drink tolerated in the arena at all, or are they pretty feirce about it?

Yeah, recommend the Furs too - never seen them live and heard little since the Pretty in Pink years (awful film tho).

What's its capacity? Are we talking Beautiful Days levels or Bestival levels here?

awesome, me too. first time at each :)

and very good question.

can you take camping chairs in? our trick at greenman is to put the drinks in the chair bag ;)