Benicassim 2012

Guest MichaelDoyle

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Surely Pulp have gotta be there. Some obvious potential headliners - RHCP, Foos, Killers, Coldplay... Pearl Jam, Blink 182, Bloc Party maybe? Also maybe KoL, seeing as though they kind of "owe" the festival a headline slot from 09. Outside chance, but Blur? Seem to remember reading that they might play abroad this year or something similar... Would love a nice surprise like that. Dreaming a bit, but Daft Punk too...would be incredible!

Kasabian and Killers i personally think, maybe Bloc Party as their rumoured to be back together? but i think theres usually one dance sort of music headliner so maybe Swedish house Mafia instead of Kasabian?

Florence, Swedish House Mafia, Killers, Stone Roses, i would love that line up but be unlikely i think :P

Surely Pulp have gotta be there. Some obvious potential headliners - RHCP, Foos, Killers, Coldplay... Pearl Jam, Blink 182, Bloc Party maybe? Also maybe KoL, seeing as though they kind of "owe" the festival a headline slot from 09. Outside chance, but Blur? Seem to remember reading that they might play abroad this year or something similar... Would love a nice surprise like that. Dreaming a bit, but Daft Punk too...would be incredible!

I've been hoping the same for Pulp ever since they announced Coachella. They were superb last year at festivals, and it would seem natural for them to be here?

Sadly, no return of Friendly Fires as confirmed to me by the drummer. Knew they wouldn't be, but worth asking.

Maybe M83?

Taken from someone's post about PULP on the Optimus Alive 12 Thread:

"efestivals pretty much guarantees they will play at hyde park, in Portugal there's a rumour that a festival is in advanced talks with them (can't say if that's true), they're also a highly desired name for Benicassim, but no, there ins't any solid fact that can makes us sure they will tour."

Fingers crossed for Beni! :)

I have a strong feeling that Mr Noel Gallagher will be there; I was spot on with the Stone Roses so fingers crossed.

Hoping for Black Keys and Maccabee's, Foo Fighters. The Killers are a Strong Rumour as is Justice!!

Excited for tomorrow's announcement!!

Edited by SteffieG