Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest shangri-la_steward

2013 Headliners

I was thinking about this too

I reckon that if they're already sorted then Arcade Fire (who may have another album by then) and perhaps Radiohead might turn up and do a proper full set (they're pretty much Glastonbury's favourite band so I don't think people would mind it being the 3rd festival in a row, sort of). I think the last headliner will either be a pop, hip-hop or rap act (because they still face critisism for being a 'white boy's festival') or a legend ie. Bowie.

To the person who said Boards of Canada, just think how incredible a late night (long) set at the Park would be with the dim lights and their quite spooky music and oh my goodness...

and Bjork! come to Glastonbury again, you wonderful Icelandic nutjob!

I thought Pulp could be in with a shout after a. how well they went down, b. Jarvis saying it would be good do do a fifth, and c. didn't they do a new song (or was that someone else?). And watching Beyonce, I did think Lady Gaga could be a pretty great headliner in a couple of years. And someone like Arcade Fire would be great.

Surely Radiohead are preparing for something live in the next year or so having roadtested King of Limbs on Friday? They can pretty much tour when they like.

I'll say it'll be 3 of Radiohead/Elbow/Arcade Fire/Rolling Stones

This no doubt is bullshit, but I heard a lot over the weekend that Zak De La Rocha and Tom Morello from RATM were around the site, supposedly finalising a booking?

Arcade Fire, The Rolling Stones, Kanye West

I think Arcade Fire will be back. They're one of the biggest bands in the world now, and would be a great booking. Several years since they last played, may do fests again next year?

What can you say about The Stones? I'm not a fan, but their history is evident.

Kanye is an incredible artist. I await all the comments about him being a twat etc. etc. but he makes very good music, and puts on a very good show. See the Late Orchestration videos etc. etc.

I reckon Arcade Fire will be touring a new album in 2013, they've released one every 3 years so not unlikely. I reckon they'll have Kanye or Lady Gaga as a more mainstream headliner. then Either Rolling Stones or Bowie.

So basically what everyone else has been saying lol :P

Arcade Fire

Daft Punk

Kate Bush

-----------------

Its who I want anyway....

This no doubt is bullshit, but I heard a lot over the weekend that Zak De La Rocha and Tom Morello from RATM were around the site, supposedly finalising a booking?

Well seeing as the festival is keen to bring in more urban pop acts I would expect to see Jesse J, Dizzee and in keeping with T4 on the beach, V and Radio 1's Big Weekend it will be the first reunion gig of Girls Aloud.

i think radiohead (yes, 3rd time in a row) and arcade fire are quite likely.

i dont really have an idea about the third one, could be anybody.

I love that daft punk get put down on everyones lists but it never happens. would be great an all that but dunno if it'll ever happen

arcade fire werent overly taken with it when they played in 07 even though they were amazing. Id love them but not sure if theyll headline

radiohead are likely even though they played this year. also depends who gets big in the next two years. wouldnt suprise me to see dizzee up there, didnt see him last year but apparently he had a huge crowd

arsed with all the pop acts. i'm all for diversity but when you're essentially trying to appeal to the imbeciles who flock to v festival by booking the most facile, awful flavour of the month 'artists' (here's looking at you, jessie j) , it does very slightly cheapen it.

Although I do think with QOTSA being booked (and being utterly amazing) there is a chance of a heavy band being booked, like Metallica or Pearl Jam