Dodgy anyone?

Guest Pinhead

Going to see Dodgy at Camden Barfly tomorrow. If I get to speak to them again, I will ask about any festival plans for next year and place the idea of Glasto firmly in their consciousness. They have now released a new track for free download and plan a 3 track EP soon, with a new album predicted to be ready for a new tour next year.

Would greatly love to see their return to Glastonbury for the 'Year of the Comebacks' in 2009.

http://www.dodgyology.com/

remember seeing them in 1996 at the harvest fair festival in fishguard in deepest west wales in a large tent .space were due to play but failed toi turn up so they did an extended set absolutly faboulous .

i remember the weekend very well glasto had a year off but the rain went to wales instead the mud was worse than i,ve ever seen at glasto oh and almost knocking down a stupid plod at a road block on the way home due to lack of servo assisted brakes on me old vw camper

Sorry to say, cause they were one of my favourites during the mid nineties, but they're no longer up to the job. Saw them play Beached at Scarborough this year and it was a sad affair. The guitarist broke a string after a couple of songs, so the gig went acoustic while he restrung it. Surely a pro would carry a spare guitar? Nigel insisted on inserting cover versions into the middle of three minute pop songs, dragging them out to ten minutes or more, and to be honest it was all a bit shambollic. Three mates, all big Dodgy fans from back in the day, walked away in disgust half way through, the rest of us followed before they'd finished. Made me sad, they used to be ace.

They might be good enough for you, they aint good enough for me.

Edited by dixienarco

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...