Flags 2008

Guest halvin

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We decided (After much discussion) to wash our flag last night - it was pretty disgusting after someone ripped it down last year and trampled it in mud :lol:

We feared it wouldn't survive the wash........ Fortunately it did but it's still not clean, just what is in Glastonbury mud? :P (Or maybe it's just that it was left like that for a year ;))

It shall be returning this year (Slightly) cleaner :)

Hmmm, I've got a flagpole (bought it last year but never used it) and we're getting our flag sorted out tonight or tomorrow, but don't have a spike for the ground. Do you think it would be OK if I jam the pole into the ground a bit and tie it tightly to my tent?

Misery at my house this afternoon as my six metre pole arrived and in my excitement I immediately tried to extend it, not taking into account the fact that the flat isn't big enough. As I tilted it to go through the living room door two sections shot back down the centre of the main section simultaneously and became lodged side by side. Spent half an hour trying to get them out with various tools and pieces of wood, but they were jammed solid. Had to resort to mallet and after another ten minutes of getting multiple fibre glass splinters in my hands and swearing profusely realised I was just destroying the whole thing and was not going to succeed. Rang the very nice people at Sky Blue but they said they couldnt dispatch another one until Monday as their courier had already gone for today. So I've ordered a new pole on next-day delivery, but it's in the lap of the gods whether it arrives by Tuesday. ;)

dsc00087nx5.jpg

here's my attempt at a flag, very scruffy round the edges but hey

gonna get to work on another tommorow to add to the growing number of flags attached to our 9 person tent

should be camped in staffing area just on at the top of the hill of death (pedestrain gate C) so keep your eyes peeled ;)

Edited by Vinnyb

...open up excel, insert the image you want, change to "print layout" view (or whatever its called) and expand the print size and your image to whatever size you want.

Finally, you may notice your flag, when fluttering in the wind, pulls away from the flag pole in the middle (i.e. away from the bungys). If you don't like it when it does that and want the edge of the flag to stay "lined up" with the flag pole all the time, cut a small slit just above the flag's bottom eyelet to make a "tube" out of that edge of the flag and thread the flag pole through the "tube". Use the bungys to secure as before.

Got my brothers flag so decided to get a flag pole, haven't taken a flag since '95 so went to the local Army Surplus store and lo and behold they have still got the smae fibreglass poles I used in '95!!

So here is one of many brothers flags you will see flying this year!

flag.jpg

Very late decision for me to opt for the camp flag this year. It was triggered by getting my Brothers festival pack, and I thought sod it lets go for it. Anyway I modified my flag and ladies and gentlemen may I present to you the flag of Camp Drunken Cow:

sany0142na8.th.jpg

To be found flying in Kidney Mead, say hello if you see us!

Edited by mr_smiss

Very late decision for me to opt for the camp flag this year. It was triggered by getting my Brothers festival pack, and I thought sod it lets go for it. Anyway I modified my flag and ladies and gentlemen may I present to you the flag of Camp Drunken Cow:

sany0142na8.th.jpg

I've never takena flag before... and decided to the other day, yet we dont have the any proper flag material, does anyone know anywhere on the high street that you can buy the material (ie. the nylon type used in most peoples flags)?
Edited by strudders