Weston Park Campsite Guide

Guest Steako

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Right then people - a bit of searching hasnt thrown anything up just yet, but i'm just wondering what having a VIP ticket entails? Is there a separate VIP campsite that you have to go in or can you camp in the main campsites?

We've managed to get hold of a couple for free which is obviously great, but What I'm trying to work out is am I going to end up in a separate campsite with people there on a jolly, away from the real festival? I can't see VIP on the map so I'm guessing its just hospitality area access, again which I have no intention of using much!

Hopefully I'll get the answer I'm looking for here and see you all in Blue on Friday!!!

Edited by efcfanwirral

When I used to have VIP tickets for Weston they were indeed for hospitality access only.

The hospitality is very handy to have though... clean loos, chairs and tables to sit on and have a beer, no queues to get a drink at all ... and a few celebs around if that floats your boat.

If it's still in the same place, it's only a couple of minutes from the main stage as well.

Given the weather i was thinking of bringing a large fishing umbrella for in the campsite. Will this be allowed in?

i was thinking about a golfing umbrella too, have looked back at pics of wet Vs and cant find any signs of brollies so, yea, i wondered this too

i was thinking about a golfing umbrella too, have looked back at pics of wet Vs and cant find any signs of brollies so, yea, i wondered this too

Can't find anything on the site thy says umbrellas arnt allowed. Will give it a go, if not will leave it in the car!

Can't find anything on the site thy says umbrellas arnt allowed. Will give it a go, if not will leave it in the car!

you won't get in with big fishing brolly as they will take it off you even for campsite unless you have it well hidden but u defo won't get it in the arena

I wasnt thinking of the arena just the campsite but if its going to be a a hassle i will just leave it and put on my poncho instead!! :sarcastic: I have my excited pants on now...not long to go!!!!

• 6 months later...

We stayed in red last year and it was such a laugh on the first morning. By the first night; it was horribly cramped, horribly dirty, and sleep was virtually impossible. It WAS fun though. I think we'll go blue this year, or maybe gold as it sounds more communal. As long as there are no biting spiders, I think I'll be okay with it! :P

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for all the tips.... After 2 horrendous years in red camp I have decided that'd GOLD is the way forward!

I need you help with directions.... Ill be staying in Shifnal the night before and could use tips/directions to one of the south car parks.

Any info would be greatly received x

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Could someone recommend a campsite if you were going with just yourself and your girlfriend/boyfriend?

I like my sleep and I do plan on getting some sleep, I just don't like the idea of camping where it's a constant party from dusk till dawn.

Any recommendations? Gold, Grey, Blue, Yellow...

Could someone recommend a campsite if you were going with just yourself and your girlfriend/boyfriend?

I like my sleep and I do plan on getting some sleep, I just don't like the idea of camping where it's a constant party from dusk till dawn.

Any recommendations? Gold, Grey, Blue, Yellow...

We always go in Green and get sleep hun, gold is getting very very busy

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the reply. So whats the general atmosphere like in Green? Are there any to avoid if your wanting sleep and some space between tents?

yep we camped in gold for 3 yrs then green, green is closer to the arena but perfect room around tent. close to showers in orange n 10 mins walk to arena. Red, Orange n Blue no no n gold is gettin packed now n so far from everythin x

After having camped in Red 6 times, I camped in Green last year, and felt much safer.

It was much more quieter and easier to pitch tent.

Thanks for the reply. Did you venture through any of the other campsites last year? Which ones would you definitely avoid?