Weston Park Campsite Guide

Guest Steako

This year will be my 5th & have always camped in green as my mates (who've been going about 9 years) have, it's great that it's a decent walk from the arena so less traffic going through it making it less muddy.

It's on top a hill so any rain down off it helping again to keep it less muddy, decent atmosphere at night which isn't to noisy or to quiet.

Toilets not to bad & food ok so all in all a Good choice

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I havent been for the last 2 years but whats happened to Green campsite????!!!!! That was always the best one!

We've always stayed in the green site and this year will be my 5th,it's always pretty chilled out with a good atmosphere, it's a right bastard getting your stuff up the hill but once you're up there it's good as if it rains it all runs back down leaving it resonably dry.

The toilets are pretty good on the whole aswell as they're cleaned everyday, there can be quite a queue for food and drinks though but this shouldn't put anyone off

Hope this helps....see you next week!! :D:D

Ok i think i'm pretty sold with the blue campsite.... the cons don't seem that bad at all and it seems like it's pretty lively, just less than red which is good. Any other cons that anyone can tell me about ?

Edited by Dmack

• 10 months later...

Another vote for Green here. It's has a fairly good access from the arena, great atmosphere and you can actually get some kip. I'd advise the use of a trolley for transporting stuff though as it was something humping crates of lager up there.

Loads of space when we arrived on Friday afternoon which is good if you are coming in a large group.

The paths are full of stones up there though, so don't wear £3 Primark plimsolls like I did last year

• 2 weeks later...

Orange for me! yes its a goodly walk from the car park, but its once in and once out (and as im buying a trolley for this year ill want to give it a good try out!) - the rest of the weekend its near the arena so brill for a little meander to the action (but not so near as you cant sleep). a great little campsite but fills up quickly. x

• 2 weeks later...

Just a quickie in relation to car parking on site. From looking at the site map, looks to make sense for south car parks to be filled prior to east. Can anyone confirm at all? I know, as at all festivals we trek to > where you end up parked, is of no choice of your own, We will be arriving pretty early doors on Fri, getting in south car parks would of course be a bonus for us!

Just a quickie in relation to car parking on site. From looking at the site map, looks to make sense for south car parks to be filled prior to east. Can anyone confirm at all? I know, as at all festivals we trek to > where you end up parked, is of no choice of your own, We will be arriving pretty early doors on Fri, getting in south car parks would of course be a bonus for us!

Last year they filled South first onwards, we got there early and were in South. Hope for same this year.

^^^ Cheers for the confirmation.

What time did you arrive close to site last yr? Am guessing the car queues can get pretty hectic! Looks like we're heading for a pretty early morning Fri start. Just with the car parks not opening 'til 8am have a feeling it could be a case of sitting tight in the car, but hopefully pretty close to the car park site entrance.

We were in the car parks before 7am last year, they emptied the roads into the car parks and left us sitting there til they opened the camp sites, was much better than sitting on the roads in queues used to be.

Sounds like a much better option than allowing mile upon mile of queues. Plus gives you time to get set with your gear for the car park > campsite trek.

Good to see the arena is open Fri pm onwards for a nosey around, etc. Understand the village stays open 'til early doors & films are on show, are any silent discos usually on offer too during this time?

Good to see the arena is open Fri pm onwards for a nosey around, etc. Understand the village stays open 'til early doors & films are on show, are any silent discos usually on offer too during this time?

Yeah there's a silent disco every night in the Carling Tent but it gets extremely busy! I've done it once, now I can say I've done it but I won't be doing it again! Although I did naughtily manage to "invest" in some good plastic Carling pint pots!

Edited by juliebee_moosic

I've camped in blue for the last 2 years and enjoyed it. However, this year I am outnumbered by 2 girls who camped in red last year and are adamant in doing it again...I'm preparing myself for the gross toilets (on blue you have the luxury of cleaner toilets that are emptied/jet washed on Saturday and Sunday morning!) Wish me luck!!

anybody know which area on the map is for the campervans please?

The purple area is the campervan area :biggrin:

Edited by juliebee_moosic