Weston Park Campsite Guide

Guest Steako

Brilliant, thanks so much for all the info given, I have been to V festival for weekends for many years but never camped but this year we are braving it haha.. Gold I think for me and my other half..need my sleep (getting old now). Has helped to settle me about camping...many thanks and great time to all

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Out of eight years i think it was just the one year i havent camped in red as we got there and they told us it was full, so we ended up in gold or grey or something. never again, always make sure i get there early enough to be in red now, and usually get around the same spot too luckily.

Has anyone stayed in green? I'm thinking it might be good for me and my best friend - we're two 18-19 year old girls on our own, first festival and want to be in somewhere clean-ish (well as clean as it's going to get anyway) and be able to get a bit of sleep but at the same time don't want somewhere totally dead? Any recommendations? :P

This is V number ten for me and I've stayed in Gold, red and blue before (which is my favourite) over the years and Tbh the only place I have ever had trouble is red, and that was some skanger trying to get into a female member of our groups tent at 3am 'for a bet'. Oh and red is a fair bit noisy (seriously funny conversations though). Apart from that I've never had any problems anywhere.

The toilets get messy, the showers get muddy but its like any festival. Get up early enough and everything is ok, also don't be having breakfast when they are cleaning the toilets as those with a weak constitution may suffer...

Important things are get on with your neighbours and help them out if they are stuck, you'll be surprised how many first time festies there are and sometimes they look lost on how to stick up a tent or even where to find bands. It's strange just how hard some people make a festival for themselves, just imagine its like the first day of uni / school / work - if you sit around being anti-social you aren't going to get invited to the big p*ss-up with the free Pringles!

At the end of the day its meant to be fun so enjoy yourselves.

However when choosing a campsite also make sure if you're in a group you all arrive together or put your tents up together as otherwise you could find yourselves spread out (even different camp sites). Also your campsite choice will depend on which car park you end up in, I know last year I had the demon trek from South Car Park upto blue because of the traffic nazis saying they wanted daytrippers to be in East, it wasn't great and if it hadn't been for all my friends being in Blue I'd have pitched in Gold. I know several people from Efests group got similarly stung so make a plan on which car park to go for.

A41 = West Car Parks generally so easiest camps are Yellow, Blue, Red and Orange

A5 = South Car Parks to start with so enter through Gold campsite, if you go further you hit Orange and Red.

Once South Car Park is full you will end up on East & North so Blue and Yellow are closer.

Hence why I say all come or pitch in a gaggle rather than trying to meet onsite then pitch.

Hope this helps and as I've said stop flapping its all gonna be fine and you'll have a great time

Edited by staffsknot

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Has anyone stayed in green? I'm thinking it might be good for me and my best friend - we're two 18-19 year old girls on our own, first festival and want to be in somewhere clean-ish (well as clean as it's going to get anyway) and be able to get a bit of sleep but at the same time don't want somewhere totally dead? Any recommendations? :P

Same situation as us really.

Want our own space thats chilled out but not somewhere thats gonna moan if we stay up till early ours chatting.

Were not the stupid drunk partying type getting smashed, we just like to enjoy our selves.

Sounds like were thinking; grey, green or gold.

• 4 weeks later...

Ah yes the spiders. They were in gold too. They're tiny tiny things, but yes, loads of them.

OP says Gold is near the car park. Sadly when I first went in gold I had parked in the west car park which was where I was directed to park. It was a bloody long way away and it was muddy too. Gold was fabulous though. Loved it. Not too noisy, clean toilets, good food outlets, great crowd.

For the people talking about the green campsite i was on it last year, as we didn't get there till late in the afternoon only place we could get. I thought it was good but its dead at night you need to make your own entertainment we found are selfs walking around the whole camp looking for partys, it was good on the last night though think everyone wanted it to be good though. It was clean and got a half decent sleep aswell.

• 7 months later...

Over the last twelve years, have stayed in every camp bar red and would say that green like gold is quite chilled? Also think you would have a relatively alright nights sleep!!!! :lol::D Been to yellow 2 years in a row now, so time for a change, back to gold.......

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Good idea to bump.

Orange has gradually get livelier and livelier every year.............used to camp there every year but now plump for Green as can get some kip if you need it.

Stayed in Red before and that is the liveliest by far.

Orange and Red - closest to the arena but gets very cramped and noisy (ok if thats what you want).

Gold - Green - a little further away, especially from West Car Park but perfect for sleep when you want it.

Grey - Further than Green but as much space as you want and very quiet.

Blue / Yellow - never stayed in these

I personally think that Red and Orange will fill up pretty quick (due to being the first you come to) this year due to the amount of V Virgins who will be attending with the line up changing tack and going more towards younger pop lovers than traditional Indie.

I hope this helps.

IM camping for the weekend, but im a girl when it comes to needing my sleep, i saw in this thread blues good because its a quiet one, '' and you can get sleep at 4am ''

Jesus, 4am ! are there any camp sites where you ca get your head down at 11.30pm :-)

Great thread, cant wait for V first time.

Yehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh