NEXT GEN CONSOLES

Guest tHomBleached

I borrowed Assassins Creed from my brother and to be honest I quite like it despite the fact its flaws stick out like a sore thumb.

The stupid sections of jumping into conveniently placed bales of hay every time you find a lookout tower are just a bit too retarded, but it is addictive, and fun overall. Graphics are still some of the best out there I think. I don't really get tired of running up behind an archer on a roof and doing a jump-kill - that is fun. I'm also impressed with the animation and collision detection in the levels, impressive stuff.

Hate the present-day bollocks it jumps to though - couldn't give a shit. Would have preferred just a straight up 'historical' assassin game. I guess they had to do the present-day memory regression bullshit plot contrivance just so that they could get a generic American bloke (target audience)) in the lead role without it being completely out of the question. Still stupid and cynical though.

Edited by Purple Monkey

• Replies 15.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

EDIT: this has already been mentioned :lol:

dont think its been mentioned yet but ps3 life was released today.

click on the folding at home thing and it will update, quite a big file (126mb) so will take a while to download (mines downloading now)

so now you can read the news while curing cancer!

little bit of detail about ps3 life:

The service is a news and weather channel for the PlayStation 3, with users able to access regional stories and forecasts via a rotating Earth.

The service can be compared to the Nintendo Wii's Forecast and News Channels, which provide similar information to home console users.

Edited by rhysieg

It has one completed folded protein molecule. Apparently miss-formed proteins account for a large number of illness' in the world, but they happen so fast they have to simulate it. So they make PS3's do it, so they can do hundreds of thousands instead of hundreds.

I've been trying to get trophies on Super Stardust today, got all the bronze ones, and a few silver ones, but whats getting me, is that to get 2 silvers, 1 bronze, 1 gold and ultimately the platinum one, i have to spend 8 quid on add-on packs i don't want.

i mean, i just won't get em...but still cheeky beggers.

Epic have said that there will be no Gears 2 PC version.

Whether they said that to make gamers buy it for the 360 rather than waiting for the PC and downloading a free hacked version is up for debate.

Gears underperformed on PC though i think as many people thought the cover system didn't work too well with keyboard and mouse.

Also Epic have subsequently bought the developer that ported Gears to the PC and they are now working on a different game so won't be available to do it.

And yeah, no Brumak fight in GOW 360

I've also bought Supreme Commander for PC (at £5.99 from Morrisons it's a steal), brilliant game but it chugs a bit on my pc when there are a lot of units on screen (which is a lot of the time). That was a problem most people have had though i think. I had hope for the 360 version but i've read a couple of reviews saying it's a poor port.

Assassin's Creed was a mixed bag for me, i really enjoyed it at first, the atmosphere of the era seemed really good and the gameplay was good (though flawed) but then it was just the same thing over and over, i stuck with it and found myself really enjoying it again for the last third or so, i liked the present(ish) time sections with Veronica Mars, thought they added a bit more depth, i'll be getting the second one, they hopefully will have learned from their mistakes and chucked a bit more variety into the core gameplay

It has one completed folded protein molecule. Apparently miss-formed proteins account for a large number of illness' in the world, but they happen so fast they have to simulate it. So they make PS3's do it, so they can do hundreds of thousands instead of hundreds.

I've been trying to get trophies on Super Stardust today, got all the bronze ones, and a few silver ones, but whats getting me, is that to get 2 silvers, 1 bronze, 1 gold and ultimately the platinum one, i have to spend 8 quid on add-on packs i don't want.

i mean, i just won't get em...but still cheeky beggers.

There are no Platinum Trophies in downloadable games, only gold silver and bronze.

And er, get the first add on pack with extra modes, it's really worth it and alot of fun. I might get back into that game, I got to like 50th in the Arcade rankinngs and decided to take a break, hmm.

cod4 is on double experiance all weekend. not sure if its on other consoles as i own a ps3.

also just reached the customs house on uncharted on crushing mode, its desperatly hard, not looking forward to when the enemies start getting better weapons as im pretty much dying in a few shots (except the shotgun and wes which kill me in one)

edit: just reached the bit where elena loses her camera.

Edited by rhysieg

cod4 is on double experiance all weekend. not sure if its on other consoles as i own a ps3.

also just reached the customs house on uncharted on crushing mode, its desperatly hard, not looking forward to when the enemies start getting better weapons as im pretty much dying in a few shots (except the shotgun and wes which kill me in one)

edit: just reached the bit where elena loses her camera.