singles thread

Guest outtolunch

• Replies 12.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Think i kinda put my foot in it last night. Was talking to this guy, lets call him 'A', well i say talking, it was more flirting. Anyway near the end of the long convo in the early hours of today he mentioned about how long we've known each other and have been flirty (5yrs!) even though nothing has ever happened (he moved away after uni when i decided i actually quite like him). But he then said he still likes me even though he knows i had something going with someone he knows, and i'm like how did you know about me and 'B'. And he was like, what the . . . , you and 'B'?! I was on about you and 'C'! I told him that me and 'C' was just jokey flirty and nothing ever happened (even though 'C' may have implied more did happen between us to 'A'). But then 'A' told me that him and 'B' had a falling out around the time me and 'B' were kinda together, and that he hates 'B's' guts. Then he goes on saying that he can't believe it, that he's disgusted and then he was just like 'night' and went. So now i'm like oops, should have kept my mouth shut.

Think i kinda put my foot in it last night. Was talking to this guy, lets call him 'A', well i say talking, it was more flirting. Anyway near the end of the long convo in the early hours of today he mentioned about how long we've known each other and have been flirty (5yrs!) even though nothing has ever happened (he moved away after uni when i decided i actually quite like him). But he then said he still likes me even though he knows i had something going with someone he knows, and i'm like how did you know about me and 'B'. And he was like, what the . . . , you and 'B'?! I was on about you and 'C'! I told him that me and 'C' was just jokey flirty and nothing ever happened (even though 'C' may have implied more did happen between us to 'A'). But then 'A' told me that him and 'B' had a falling out around the time me and 'B' were kinda together, and that he hates 'B's' guts. Then he goes on saying that he can't believe it, that he's disgusted and then he was just like 'night' and went. So now i'm like oops, should have kept my mouth shut.

Thanks guys! He also kinda hated my ex (they were in the same uni course) and when he heard that we split up he sent a facebook message on the same basically offering me sex! Plus he's a gone a bit wierdly religious, he seems to split his time between church stuff and telling me he wants to get in my pants!

Thanks guys! He also kinda hated my ex (they were in the same uni course) and when he heard that we split up he sent a facebook message on the same basically offering me sex! Plus he's a gone a bit wierdly religious, he seems to split his time between church stuff and telling me he wants to get in my pants!

Was out at a ceilidh tonight with a girl i kinda fancied from my class. I think I've mentioned her on here. Kinda had cooled with her cos I heard through the grapevine she was taken. But she's texting me now saying she'd like to go out again for a dance. Hmm, we were getting on well all night - danced with her loads (tho doesnt count for much at a ceilidh). Have told her to text me when she gets home - playing the gentleman card.

Excited but I think I should proceed with extreme caution.

Was out at a ceilidh tonight with a girl i kinda fancied from my class. I think I've mentioned her on here. Kinda had cooled with her cos I heard through the grapevine she was taken. But she's texting me now saying she'd like to go out again for a dance. Hmm, we were getting on well all night - danced with her loads (tho doesnt count for much at a ceilidh). Have told her to text me when she gets home - playing the gentleman card.

Excited but I think I should proceed with extreme caution.

Went out Wednesday night for a friend's birthday. Frisky housemate had nothing to do that night (his friends had gone to the cinema without him because he's got literally no money), so I basically gave him a free pass and said I'd buy him as many drinks as he liked and he could pay me back when he's got the money. So he got very very wasted and now owes me an extra £40.

I saw the guy I liked for a looooong time a lot that night. He asked me to stroke his hair because he'd had a haircut, and asked me to go out the next day because he wanted my opinion on a new shirt he'd be wearing. He gave me lots of hugs. And then I saw him over at the bar a little later, skipped over to him and gave him a hug. Then frisky housemate appeared out of nowhere and started chatting absolute nonsense, as he always does when he's had far too much to drink, and the guy I liked for ages started laughing, rolling his eyes and doing that blahblahblah thing with his hand. And then he leant over and said to me "are you listening to him or looking at me?", and I said I was looking at him (because I was, I honestly had no idea what the frisky housemate was saying), and he asked why, and I said "because you're very nice to look at". He blushed, told me I couldn't say things like that because he was drunk and horny, and then said "I'll leave you to your boyfriend". I said he wasn't my boyfriend and he said "yeah whatever", laughed and went to talk to his mates. And about 4 other people referred to frisky housemate as my boyfriend that night.

At some point, quite near the end of the night, when I'd had many many hugs from many different male friends, some of whom kissed the top of my head or hugged me for a bit longer than friends usually do, one who actually tried to kiss me, the frisky housemate came over to me and said "So it looks like pretty much all the guys at Pittville (our campus) want to f**k you", and I said "I dunno, if you think so", and he said "it's obvious. I feel pretty lucky", and I said "so you should do", and went off to dance with the birthday girl.

And, then when I was laid in bed at 4am once I'd eventually gotten home, the guy I liked for a loooong time sent me texts saying he'd like to do naughty things to me. And then he texted me last night asking if I was going to go out. And then when I said I wasn't, we exchanged a few texts discussing when we'll see each other again, and he said "look forward to seeing you next wednesday then". And oh dear :unsure: