singles thread

Guest outtolunch

• Replies 12.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Think I've got a stalker, there's this very annoying girl that keeps following me and offering me rides to my house (despite living only 5 min walk away) and if she see me going for a cig she will suddenly jump up and run to the smoking area with me. The weird thing is I don't even know her name.

Think I've got a stalker, there's this very annoying girl that keeps following me and offering me rides to my house (despite living only 5 min walk away) and if she see me going for a cig she will suddenly jump up and run to the smoking area with me. The weird thing is I don't even know her name.

Having not been single without the kiddy at home for 17 years, i have no idea about how much its going to cost me to eat and stuff. :huh:

those of you that live on your own, how much do you spend on food and stuff? Bearing in mind i have fairly good taste in food, i eat lots of fresh stuff and like to cook) so will not be eating pot noodles every night.

I'm trying to work out my budget and i've given myself £300 a month for all food, sundries, going out etc. Is that enough?

I'm really awful with money too. :rolleyes::unsure:

There are two of us but we rarely spend more than £40 if we do a big weekly shop. However, I do very little cleaning ;) so rarely buy cleaning stuff, and we're veggie and also don't buy any eggs, cheese or milk so that kinda cuts the bill down!

Having not been single without the kiddy at home for 17 years, i have no idea about how much its going to cost me to eat and stuff. :huh:

those of you that live on your own, how much do you spend on food and stuff? Bearing in mind i have fairly good taste in food, i eat lots of fresh stuff and like to cook) so will not be eating pot noodles every night.

I'm trying to work out my budget and i've given myself £300 a month for all food, sundries, going out etc. Is that enough?

I'm really awful with money too. :rolleyes::unsure:

There are two of us but we rarely spend more than £40 if we do a big weekly shop. However, I do very little cleaning ;) so rarely buy cleaning stuff, and we're veggie mad culinary fascists and also don't buy any eggs, cheese or milk so that kinda cuts the bill down!

My frisky housemate's gone to Gloucester for the night to get drunk with his dad, and he sent me this text an hour or so ago:

"Bahhaaa, I accidently let out that I had my penis inside u and my dad demanded to see a picture of u, he's prouud of me. xxx"

...Awesome.

EDIT: Then frisky housemate's dad steals frisky housemate's phone and texts me saying that FH has been talking about me for quiiiiite a while. And then FH calls me to ask me to log onto his online banking and transfer some money from one account to the other. Then texts me saying he's getting a taxi home, even though he was supposed to stay there for the night, and asks if I'll still be awake when he's home. Ergh.

Edited by lolbeck

My frisky housemate's gone to Gloucester for the night to get drunk with his dad, and he sent me this text an hour or so ago:

"Bahhaaa, I accidently let out that I had my penis inside u and my dad demanded to see a picture of u, he's prouud of me. xxx"

...Awesome.

EDIT: Then frisky housemate's dad steals frisky housemate's phone and texts me saying that FH has been talking about me for quiiiiite a while. And then FH calls me to ask me to log onto his online banking and transfer some money from one account to the other. Then texts me saying he's getting a taxi home, even though he was supposed to stay there for the night, and asks if I'll still be awake when he's home. Ergh.

I hate having to do this. I much prefer to eat something that I actually want to eat rather than having to follow some kind of set programme.

When I was single and lived in town, I'd stop by the butchers or fishmongers on my way home from work / uni, and buy enough for me of what I wanted for that very evening. Sure, keep some big bags of dried pasta and enough veggies kicking around to accompany whatever it is you want to eat.

hehe what i do now while still living with him is do a weekly shop buy enough for 2 or 3 meals, then ignore it all and buy stuff on the way home depending on what i fancy. lol

I think i might just get the essentials weekly plus store cupbaord things as needed then buy fresh on my way home. That way if i dont get something one night on the way home i can always grab some pasta and make a tomato sauce from the store cupboard ala nigella!

My new housemate likes to cook too so he said he is happy to cook for us both sometimes and me to cook for us both other times. Should be cool.