Shhhhhhhhhh

Guest 5co77ie

Thanks Stashbox, really hope she can sort something out.

The workshops look cool ... nipple tassel making and swirling anyone :)

Have been putting the finishing touches to my fancy dress outfit - I look like a scarey freak and I don't think even my own mother would recognise me !

Sooooooooo excited now :):)B)

• Replies 546
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll bet there's some bloody hard raving going down there even as I type, but alas I am safely back in front of a computer screen already, contemplating the strange happenings of the weekend and how I shall assimilate them into an efests review. If only it could all be done in pictures, the place and people were marvellously colourful, and we had two photographers there. :lol:

The review will be, um, heavily family-focussed, cos we had various family priorities acrosss the weekend, especially a pleasantly-feverous middle child across most of it. :ph34r: Now I'd like to include some info on the post-midnight shenanigans that I never got round to attending, cos I think that with music going on until at least 5am, there was a lot going on for the night-owls. So if anyone wants to drop me a PM, containing no more than a few lines of nocturnal opinion, I'd gladly paraphrase it into the review that should go up late Wednesday. Cheers. :D

PS what a carnival! :lol:

Really wish we had been there too - my mums 70th yesterday so couldnt. Hope you had some calpol/nurofen with you then? and i know what you mean about not being part of the nighttime fun! im off to have a bit of fun today at stowe house (last days of summer?)just to make myself feel a bit better at missing Shambala.

Really wish we had been there too - my mums 70th yesterday so couldnt. Hope you had some calpol/nurofen with you then? and i know what you mean about not being part of the nighttime fun! im off to have a bit of fun today at stowe house (last days of summer?)just to make myself feel a bit better at missing Shambala.

Cheers Jackie, Calpol in abundance. Just run out now as it goes :D , with the youngest threatening to go down with the same virus. Sort of festival where I think we'd have found someone who'd donate Calpol though :( Hope Stowe House went well, can't think who played, and presume (going completely off topic) Endorse It went fine for you all too?

Rough drafts of reviews now written, off now to play with photos and see if I took any that the official photographer didn't.

A truly truly brilliant festival experience - perhaps my favourite of the whole summer....

I entered a competition in the Metro and won tickets at late notice - wondered what I was letting myself in for...

Got there and was pleased to discover that there were friends from other festivals there - and everybody was so friendly anyway that I wouldn't have been by myself for long...

Personal highlights for me included the late night/early morning hot-tub, binocular football (KerPlunk is making a play for the 2012 Olympic team), the Childrens birthday party, the Geisha purification experience on the last night and the most relaxing and wonderful back massage whilst sat in the garden of the Wonky Cock Boozer!! The carnival was brilliant fun as well... Can't remember much about the music though I recall that the Beat were quite good, Nizlopi were fun as always and I quite enjoyed Flipron and Smerins....

Thanks to all of the great, generous people who were there who made this weekend so so good.... I'll be back...

Sean

x

Yet again a fantastic weekend, which really was made for me by absolutely perfect attitude of everyone there - up for fun and very friendly. The highlight for me has to be the spontaneous game of 'sticky stick' in the woods at about 2am Monday morning - a random group of worse for wear strangers (with very bad coordination), trying to keep a plastic bottle in the air with sticks, I'm amazed none of us lost an eye :P

So your middle kid had a FEVER over weekend? That's a pisser & hope you managed to enjoy some of it.

Either I read your posting too quick or a typo cos I thought you mean't FERVOUR, as in excited kid ENJOYING the festival! :P I was wondering what all the Calpol talk was about?! B)

So I gather The Beat were one of the main acts then?

don't look now - shambala review and photos online.

• 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...