Shhhhhhhhhh

Guest 5co77ie

• Replies 546
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I notice earlier in the thread that gates are open 2pm - 10pm on Thursday. Are they open 24 hrs over the Fri-Mon? Also what time do you have to leave the site by on Tuesday? Sorry to ask so many questions :lol:

Think I've found the answer to my own question about when the site is open. Found this on the ticketsellers site

"Shambala Festival takes place on August Bank Holiday weekend: Friday 22nd - Monday 25th August 2008. The site opens at 10am on Friday and closes at Midday on Monday.

**Doors now opening on Thursday at 2pm for early birds - the festival proper starts on Friday** "

Your right about them nothing giving anything away, even the tickets don't have the location on them, just instructions to follow signs - which I'm not really happy with as signs can be removed easily and them you're screwed. Do you know where it was last year as I think it's in the same place this year.

I'll follow the sign to them.

We are hoping to arrive about 10am friday, but what if we get there a little early do they move you on or will they let you queue at the gates? Also, I've seen some photos of the camping area and it looks like it's on a slope Is it? Do you have to get there early (Thurs) to get a flat pitch? Anyone help?

From what I remember the site is actually very flat or at least it certainly was where we were camped so I wouldn't worry about getting there early.

As for arriving early I guess they'd make you wait but you could always nip up to the nearest town (only a few miles away) to buy more booze or anything else you might have forgotten.

Wish it was August....

I'll follow the sign to them.

We are hoping to arrive about 10am friday, but what if we get there a little early do they move you on or will they let you queue at the gates? Also, I've seen some photos of the camping area and it looks like it's on a slope Is it? Do you have to get there early (Thurs) to get a flat pitch? Anyone help?

Just sitting here wondering what to expect from Shambala (and I don't mean music, crazy golf & saunas.

I've only been to Glastonbury out of the hundreds of festivals in the UK. My reason for deciding to give Shambala a try is I'm expecting to be a very differant experience. Obviously a lot smaller, but also hopfully a lot less impersonal and more intimate. Sometimes at Glastonbury I get the feeling that we are all being treated like a heard of animals. We are acting like a heard or maybe it's just the size of the crowds there and it's that crowd mentality thing.

Does anyone know what I mean? If you do am I right in thinking Shambala is a lot less in your face and perhaps has a "feeling" about it like the Glastonbury of old? As I'm looking for the old "peace & love" experience will I find it at Shambala? Should I be looking elsewhere? Any answers

• 2 weeks later...
Just sitting here wondering what to expect from Shambala (and I don't mean music, crazy golf & saunas.

I've only been to Glastonbury out of the hundreds of festivals in the UK. My reason for deciding to give Shambala a try is I'm expecting to be a very differant experience. Obviously a lot smaller, but also hopfully a lot less impersonal and more intimate. Sometimes at Glastonbury I get the feeling that we are all being treated like a heard of animals. We are acting like a heard or maybe it's just the size of the crowds there and it's that crowd mentality thing.

Does anyone know what I mean? If you do am I right in thinking Shambala is a lot less in your face and perhaps has a "feeling" about it like the Glastonbury of old? As I'm looking for the old "peace & love" experience will I find it at Shambala? Should I be looking elsewhere? Any answers

i really want to go to shambala this year it sounds amazing but the fact is i can't get any of my friends psyched about it, i sometimes go to club nights organised by jibbering and i always love the vibe and the music, if i were to go to shambala alone do you think its the kinda place where you can just meet people anad hang out with them like they were your mates or would i just be terribly lonely

i really want to go to shambala this year it sounds amazing but the fact is i can't get any of my friends psyched about it, i sometimes go to club nights organised by jibbering and i always love the vibe and the music,
Edited by Stashbox

Thanx for the response Stashbox. It sounds great, can't wait now. The Tea & Empathy Tent sounds good to, so I might have to call in for both and to say hello.

See you there :P

Edited to add thanx to shavenhaven to :(

Edited by xray-specs

Just wondered is there an eFest meet this year?

Hi Stashbox,

I see that the gates close at 10pm on thurs night, is this the case for Fri/Sat/Sun as well ?

Asking because my friend has to leave the site sat afternoon and was hoping to return about midnight, would she able to get back in or would she have to wait til Sunday morning ? She has a genuine reason for this that she can't get out of and would be gutted if she missed the whole night. I've had a look on the Shambala message boards but there only seems to be mention of thursday night.

Ta :rolleyes:

PS am so excited now, have been working on my fancy dress all week !

Hi Stashbox,

I see that the gates close at 10pm on thurs night, is this the case for Fri/Sat/Sun as well ?

Edited by Stashbox