Shhhhhhhhhh

Guest 5co77ie

Hey guys!

Just checked the FB page, seems a bit poor to be honest.

Anyway, it's my first time this year, going it alone!

Really looking forward to it, but could someone tell me if Shambala have rules on alcohol and such? Can't seem to find it on the site...

Cheers and see you all soon! :)

• Replies 546
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Latest on line -up

"The program is now fully confirmed but, as you know, we keep most of it under wraps until you arrive, but here are a few little secrets we just had to share. The brilliant Ghostpoet, who has just been nominated for a Mercury Music Prize for Best Album will be wooing you on the Chai Wallah's stage. His inspiring vocal dexterity riding bass heavy beats has won over Gilles Peterson among many others."

Latest on line -up

"The program is now fully confirmed but, as you know, we keep most of it under wraps until you arrive, but here are a few little secrets we just had to share. The brilliant Ghostpoet, who has just been nominated for a Mercury Music Prize for Best Album will be wooing you on the Chai Wallah's stage. His inspiring vocal dexterity riding bass heavy beats has won over Gilles Peterson among many others."

Edited by SarahNatBenAmy

Me and the family coming to Shambala for the first time this year.

Looks great. Cant wait!

Am I right in thinking the festival finishes on Sunday night, and most

peeps stay that night and head home on the Monday ?

Correct. Note for car drivers - long queuses form to get out of the car park on monday so get up early if you want a clean getaway.

Nice one. Thanks Kerplunk. Couple more questions if thats ok ..

What are the queues like to get in on the Thursday?

What time to most peeps arrive?

Is there much going on on the Thursday?

Edited by SarahNatBenAmy

We always stay late on Monday have a lay in and wait for everyone else to rush off. We didn't get caught in the queue leaving last year and didn't get searched but she'd turn up by the time we surfaced. The only time I've ever been in a genuine queue was getting in last year and that was due to the weather conditions.

ps obviously I have been in a queue but it was moving fairly quick and not a jam like going to Glasto or SGP and others.

Edited by xrayspecs

Hi all,

Whilst at Glastonbury this year I entered a competition with Sustrans for 2 tickets to Shambala this year.

And I won! Including cycling tickets. I'm pretty made up about it.

Just hoping my boss will be understanding about time off as I have no more holidays and the cycle rides start on Tuesday in Manchester.

I might try the charity angle and get time off that way. Really hoping I can make it. It hasn't been on my radar as I'm a bit of a Glastoholic but this year seemed very hard work so hopefully Shambala will help me chill out

Hi all,

Whilst at Glastonbury this year I entered a competition with Sustrans for 2 tickets to Shambala this year.

And I won! Including cycling tickets. I'm pretty made up about it.

Just hoping my boss will be understanding about time off as I have no more holidays and the cycle rides start on Tuesday in Manchester.

I might try the charity angle and get time off that way. Really hoping I can make it. It hasn't been on my radar as I'm a bit of a Glastoholic but this year seemed very hard work so hopefully Shambala will help me chill out

Teeny suits me fine ! :)

Less walking / bimbling = More time chilling and having fun

Really Looking forward to all the hands on stuff / workshops etc.

Are they just a case of turn up at start time?

Or do you need to put yr name down for the ones you want to do in advance ?

Edited by xrayspecs

Whilst at Glastonbury this year I entered a competition with Sustrans for 2 tickets to Shambala this year. And I won! Including cycling tickets. It hasn't been on my radar as I'm a bit of a Glastoholic but this year seemed very hard work so hopefully Shambala will help me chill out

Hello Shamblers. I'm the ride leader for the Manchester Ride (also picking up from Stoke on Trent and Birmingham).

It's a gentle ride over 3 days & avoiding the big hills of the peak district so really relaxed and nice camping stops planned for the overnights near Stoke & Brum.

We've created a facebook group here to help publicise: http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=136298619790743 if folks here can help spread the word further that'd be awesome.

Puppetmode - nice one on winning the tickets, hope you can join the ride :)

Xrayspecs - great summary of the festival, it's a top weekend. Sounds like we may even have met, I was dressed as a Guerilla Gorilla last year.

P.s. Look out for the Fruit Darts contest over the weekend - festival highlight for sure.

Andy

• 2 weeks later...