PEARL JAM

Guest Olivavu

It's $9.99 for mp3 and $14.99 for FLAC.

If you don't know, FLAC is a format that you can burn onto CD with no loss of quality (i.e. that's perfect CD quality). The mp3 version is good too, but some bootleggers are elitist about having super high quality versions. Mp3 players don't play FLAC, but you can get free software to convert FLAC into mp3. Since FLAC are super high quality, they're also very large files.

Edited by fowls

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think they were the best EVER - that's going a bit too far for me.

Reading had the better set for my Pearl Jam preferences - Why Go?, Jeremy, Once, Better Man, Blood, Even Flow, Alive and best of all - CROWN OF THORNS baby!!!!!! Couldn't believe it when they burst into that! Spot on.

It was a classic set but sound quality and other little things prevent it going alongside Foos in 95 and maybe even Maiden last year which was an immense triumph.

I always expected PJ to be good and by God they were! :blink:

The Pearl Jam thing after the dublin gig was a rip off. 10 euro each (+drink money) to listen to a load of CDs when you've just seen the real thing, why bother?

Me and my friends ended up going to the airport and hanging about there instead.

As for which set was better, I think Reading got the better deal. Once, Crown Of Thorns, Save You, RVM, Blood, Dissident! It was great. Would kill to hear Go, Hail Hail and Whipping though. They're both pretty great, but a PJ show without Betterman is WRONG WRONG WRONG!!!

Edited by fowls

just woke up

pearl jam at reading was only the 3rd time in my gig going experience where ive ever had goose bumps for a entire set, absolutely bloody mindblowing. easily one of the best sets ive ever seen by a band, im really considering going off to one of the european shows now. i was actually speechless after there set on sunday for about an hour.

band of the weekend by absolutely miles.

Wow they were awesome!! I got a good few of my fave tracks so far (still new to PJ), opening with Corduroy was a touch, but I have to say I am gutted Leeds got Daughter/Its Ok - you bastards!! But it was a great set and when the starting riff of Alive kicked in it was a hair standing up moment! Great crowd too, definitely the best band of the weekend, and it was so nice to see a band genuinely moved by the massive response they got from the crowd. :(

Seeing them again in less than 2 weeks............hell yeah. :blink:

And can't believe anyone could say they looked uninterested, did they see Mike McCreedy playing guitar over his head!!!!!! Uninterested by being moved to tears, uninterested using binoculars to look at the crowd...........uninterested by doing 2 encores and taking a band bow at the end..........oh and they must have been so uninteresting that people did not stop applauding. ;):P

they were mind-blowing at reading.

best performance of the weekend for me, easily.

so moving, so genuine, and they rocked!

bless all the pearl jam fans in the crowd, such a wonderful bunch of people, was great chatting to so many before the band came on and blew us away.

i would have loved to have seen black at reading... would have been something special to me. i was close to the front, and it was amazing atmosphere, abosolutly mindblowing, everyone near me was word perfect and when he was in tears it was a real moment. that said the only thing that drove me crazy, was some topless guys behind me thought, yeah lets start a mosh pit, and whilst i'm not anti mosh 99% of the time, it just seemed the stupidest most inappropriate band.