PEARL JAM

Guest Olivavu

Owned the weekend. Blew MUSE away completely (bigger crowd, played longer set, talked to the audience, good mix of old and new tunes with all six of 'em giving 100%)

They have a unique connection with the audience that not many bands can boast about. Eddie was genuinely overwhelmed by the reception, as was I. Didn't expect to see so many youngsters watching them. The sound wasn't amazing during the middle but the crowd singing made up for that.

Perfect choice of songs, they really did put out a lot of Vs. just a shame there was no Leash.

I'm sure they'll be back on our shores before too long...

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Leeds set - list -

Set 1 Go, Animal, Corduroy, World Wide Suicide, Hail Hail, Severed Hand, Given To Fly, Green Disease, Even Flow, Elderly Woman Behind The Counter In A Small Town, Insignificance, Daughter(It's Ok), Lukin, Whipping, Not For You, State Of Love And Trust, Black, Porch

Encore 1 Why Go, Do The Evolution, Life Wasted, Alive, Rockin' In The Free World

Pearl Jam were absolutely fantastic at reading last night, Great choice of songs and thought Eddie spoke to the crowd well, no preaching and seemed alot more honest than most of the frontmen you see. Given to Fly absolutely blew me away and Yellow Ledbetter was a perfect closer.

He really seemed touched by the reception they recieved, I don't think it will be too long before they return to our shores :blink:

Fantastic set list for leeds, so glad i saw it! Duaghter/it is medly was great. Even flow was immence. Everyone got their zippos out for given to fly which was quite moving! And to finish on rockin in the free world, one word. WOW! Bet you'l never witness that again! Simply beautiful music to a great crowd, the rammed sardines watching maximo park sure missed out!

One of the best bands iv ever had the privilege to see, Go then Animal was the opening i had hoped for and Daughter with the Its ok tag sent a shiver down my spine, ther wer a few I missed, like Betterman, Last Kiss, Off he goes, Yellow Ledbetter but i wanted them to play all night, really cant complain at all, pure brilliance, really hope they come back son, don't leave it six years again

Go and Hail Hail were 2 of the 3 songs I REALLY wanted to hear (along with In My Tree) so I was kinda annoyed I wasn't at Leeds. But Reading got Crown of Thorns and Jeremy so f**k that!

My 3 PJ gigs are now over. :blink: Enjoy it those who are going to Paris and the other euro gigs.

Oh, and the Reading set in stream:

http://www.pearljamonline.it/songofthemont...mbre2006/01.asf

and

http://www.pearljamonline.it/songofthemont...mbre2006/02.asf

Best band to ever grace Reading or Leeds.

Absolutely no doubt about that.

Paris in 2 weeks as well... :blink:

Leeds certainly did get the better (if shorter) set. I was at the front and the majority of my favourite songs were played. What a deeply joyous experience that was, for both me and my friends individually, and as a group.

We've been having a look at the setlists, and as much as Paula is gutted you got 'Daughter/It's Ok', we think the setlists are pretty even.

You got 'Black', but we got 'Jeremy'...etc etc...

Either way, it was something bloody special.

Boy am I glad I was at leeds for pearl jam. From go onwards it was pure class. They played all my favs (given to fly, animal, alive, elderly woman) pluse a few surprises (Daghter/it's ok!!!!, Rockin in the free world) I honestly couldn't have picked a better set. I was a bit dissapointed about the lack of yellowbetter

Boy am I glad I was at leeds for pearl jam. From go onwards it was pure class. They played all my favs (given to fly, animal, alive, elderly woman) pluse a few surprises (Daghter/it's ok!!!!, Rockin in the free world) I honestly couldn't have picked a better set. I was a bit dissapointed about the lack of yellowbetter

I don't think they were the best EVER - that's going a bit too far for me.

Reading had the better set for my Pearl Jam preferences - Why Go?, Jeremy, Once, Better Man, Blood, Even Flow, Alive and best of all - CROWN OF THORNS baby!!!!!! Couldn't believe it when they burst into that! Spot on.

It was a classic set but sound quality and other little things prevent it going alongside Foos in 95 and maybe even Maiden last year which was an immense triumph.

I always expected PJ to be good and by God they were! :blink:

We've been having a look at the setlists, and as much as Paula is gutted you got 'Daughter/It's Ok', we think the setlists are pretty even.

You got 'Black', but we got 'Jeremy'...etc etc...

Either way, it was something bloody special.