PEARL JAM

Guest Olivavu

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm lucky enough to have seen them play most of those before (many years ago of course) so I guess we were both at the right festivals.

I've burned those 2 streams onto a DVD (Dual layer with PCM audio to preserve the quality for the geeks). What a fantastic souvenir of Reading that will make for the rest of my life.....;)

It was definitely different strokes.

For me Crown of Thorns is worth a dozen songs I haven't heard before, was so surprised when they played it. The only songs I'm annoyed about missing at Leeds are Go and Hail Hail (I've seen Porch and Black before, and not really bothered about the others).

Antwerp got the perfect setlist, In Hiding, Present Tense and Indifference into Hunger Strike!!! :blink:

Edited by fowls

It was definitely different strokes.

For me Crown of Thorns is worth a dozen songs I haven't heard before, was so surprised when they played it. The only songs I'm annoyed about missing at Leeds are Go and Hail Hail (I've seen Porch and Black before, and not really bothered about the others).

Antwerp got the perfect setlist, In Hiding, Present Tense and Indifference into Hunger Strike!!! :blink:

Have upgraded our Paris tickets from seating to standing, wooooo! 1 week today and we are seeing PJ again!! :blink:

Hope we get a set similar to when they played Milwauke (sp?), they played for 3 1/2 hours and did something like 35 songs!!

3.5 hour sets are extremely rare, 90% of PJ shows are 2-2.5 hours long. All 3 I've been too have been 2 hours, but one was a festival, one was a promo show and the other was in a venue with a notoriously tight curfew.

A lot of people seem to go to PJ shows expecting some mammoth 3 hour set because they did it once 3 years ago. Totally the wrong approach. I'm sure everyone wants to be at the show where they repeat "the experiment", but it's not gonna happen!

I know you're a fan and understand these things, but some newbs see fans fantasising like this and expect it as the benchmark. Pearl Jam don't always push the curfew, and they hardly ever play massive sets.

Sorry, don't have Leeds. Just burned the streams posted a few pages back from Reading. Looks like Tiscali broadcast it live on the internet or something.

Present Tense, Indifference into Hunger strike certainly matches Crown of Thorns.....still not sure it beats it though. They used to play Hunger Strike all the time when they started, not sure when they started doing crown of thorns?

Edited by fowls

They started playing Hungerstrike in 92 and have played it 22 times. First played Crown of Thorns in 2000, and its been played 11 times. So Hungerstrike is slightly more rare, but they do need the right guest to play it. Would be interesting to see how good that Wolfmother guy is at singing Cornell's part.

They started playing Hungerstrike in 92 and have played it 22 times. First played Crown of Thorns in 2000, and its been played 11 times. So Hungerstrike is slightly more rare, but they do need the right guest to play it. Would be interesting to see how good that Wolfmother guy is at singing Cornell's part.