Arrival Tuesday General East Camperfield

AlexDB

On 5/16/2024 at 9:38 AM, hjd said:

Any idea where the best place to get a child picked up late Thursday/Friday morning from festival is if we're in the East campervan fields? 

Is there a pick up spot near festival entrance? 

Also interested if somewhere nearer to Gate C/Campervan for drop offs then going to the Gate A/West Side? We've got our two kiddies joining us for the last day on the Sunday and need to recommend a spot to the grandparents.

I think what @Crazyfool01has already mentioned is the best way at the Bath & West Showground drop off pick up point ...yes it will  probably take 3/4 hours out of your day but it's much easier and less stressful full and any grandparents picking up the kids will avoid all the main festival traffic 

Looks like you have to walk through the festival to Gate A then and then catch a bus to DC point and back.

Any idea whether there's transport from Gate C side of the festival? 

Assume you can't just drive your van offsite and then come back? 

1 hour ago, hjd said:

Looks like you have to walk through the festival to Gate A then and then catch a bus to DC point and back.

Any idea whether there's transport from Gate C side of the festival? 

Assume you can't just drive your van offsite and then come back? 

I don’t believe there’s any transport, there’s certainly no area where buses could park up. They probably would let you leave, I assume for emergencies etc they’d have to have a system, it’s very unlikely you’d be allowed back to your original place though. 

12 minutes ago, The60ftOctopus said:

Not sure if this is the right place, but if we arrived in campervan fields on Tuesday, can we go into the general camping fields and setup a tent for someone? I imagine at the same time as gate drop at 8am on the Wednesday?

You can go in and set up the tent from the time the festival gates open, but you'll need to join the queue of people who've been waiting overnight for general admission. 

I assume this person is a good friend, as you are willing to set their tent up.   Would you not want them to just camp by your van?