Alternatives to Opening Ceremony

CanWeRest

22 hours ago, CanWeRest said:

Just wondering, are there any alternatives - advertised or secret - to the official opening ceremony with the fireworks etc ? Looking for something more low-key 

There will be lots going on. Just chill and explore your new home

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Lycra said:

There will be lots going on. Just chill and explore your new home

I was looking for specific recommendations, to be honest. I've been to Glasto before, but I'd like to do something other than the traditional fireworks. 

Edited by CanWeRest
Typo

I think its probably the only celebration like that as the alternatives will mostly be music orientated. I usually opt for the opening ceremony as its a good place to gather pals and others there who we want to meet up with but there's also usually lots of good DJs on. I'd also argue it might be a good chance to go explore the south east corner.

• Upvote 1

Through a bit of my own research I found this. It's not at the same time as the fireworks display, but this is more the sort of thing I'm looking for.

Opening Ceremony ~ Wednesday around 4pm
Be a part of creating the beauty and the magic of the Healing Field. Our Opening Ceremony celebrates the essence of each of the Elements: Fire, Earth, Water and Air; initiating our transformation of the self and of the community. Come and awaken the Elements with us, setting your intentions for the days ahead.

20 hours ago, HotChipWillBreakYourLegs said:

Obviously it's the same as the opening ceremony, but viewing it from the Pyramid field means there's no crowds, loads of space and you can see all three displays across the hillside opposite.

We always sit in the Arcadia field, plenty of space and a good vantage point. 

• Thanks 1

On 4/28/2024 at 1:54 PM, HotChipWillBreakYourLegs said:

Obviously it's the same as the opening ceremony, but viewing it from the Pyramid field means there's no crowds, loads of space and you can see all three displays across the hillside opposite.

That's a brill idea actually 🙂

On 4/27/2024 at 12:27 PM, CanWeRest said:

Through a bit of my own research I found this. It's not at the same time as the fireworks display, but this is more the sort of thing I'm looking for.

Be a part of creating the beauty and the magic of the Healing Field. Our Opening Ceremony celebrates the essence of each of the Elements: Fire, Earth, Water and Air; initiating our transformation of the self and of the community. Come and awaken the Elements with us, setting your intentions for the days ahead.

I went to this last year - it was a lovely way to start the festival. Not showy, but a great feeling of togetherness with other attendees.

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, BookAngel said:

I went to this last year - it was a lovely way to start the festival. Not showy, but a great feeling of togetherness with other attendees.

Brilliant, exactly what I'm after 😊

On 4/28/2024 at 1:54 PM, HotChipWillBreakYourLegs said:

All of this is also true for watching it from Arcadia field. 

On 4/27/2024 at 11:27 PM, CanWeRest said:

Is there any info on whereabouts in the healing fields this takes place? Is the time and place detailed anywhere - in the program for instance? Its not something I've been too before so would like to try something different as well - thanks. 

5 hours ago, The other Bellboy said:

Is there any info on whereabouts in the healing fields this takes place? Is the time and place detailed anywhere - in the program for instance? Its not something I've been too before so would like to try something different as well - thanks. 

Dunno 🤷🏼‍♀️

I assume it will be in the programme.