Shambala 2024

FB_IMG_1711019190229.thumb.jpg.bab6654c76675f283b6c86bc9839896f.jpg

First poster is out.

Thoughts? Recommendations?

As expected I know a few on there but not many. Possibly more than I expected too.

It'll be my first time at Shambala this year, and I'll be stewarding for Oxfam. A few of my regular festival going mates are going too.

Looking forward to it. Never done one this late in summer before so like that festival season's being stretched out for me.

There’s a few decent things on there, unfortunately (much like every festival) not many big names, even compared to the last few years. 

‘but we dont go for the music’ I hear you cry, which is fine, but last year all the micro venues were rammed you used to be able to pitch up at the start time but now its get there an hour in advance much harder to bumble around, house party had crushes to get in on the Friday which is where I guess Hot Cakes Takeover will be, huge queues to get into the enchanted woodlands after dark. You need big names because you need the majority of punters to be at the main stage where the room is.  I couldn’t even pick the obvious headliners out of the lineup. Maybe Henge for Friday night? Bob Vylann Sunday evening after closing ceremony. 

I love shambala but this year there’s a lot of changes without Kaleida coming in, and the new site layouts, although maybe its just me I’ve been enjoying it less and less the last few years. Might be a good thing and attract fewer people who just wanna get High as possible and dont appreciate the vibe.

I reckon Sampa the Great and Congos headliners.

Maybe Bob Vylan or Henge the third one?

Love shambala, even when you’ve not heard of the acts they are always so well booked. They’re great more often than not.