UK Politics

kalifire

1 hour ago, steviewevie said:

So...the Greens are part of the Scottish government...and then this...

Remember when the Lib Dems got the blame for everything under the coalition government?

This is the same - coalition means compromise and despite protesting about this policy change and arguing against it the Greens have had to accept it.

Personally I think it stinks and what happens in 2035, 2045 etc when 'there is not enough money'?

I have said it before and will say it again - climate change needs to be treated like  awar - where money is no object.

PS - All you Labour Love in folks - my posts yesterday were talking about NET popularity...... that is pro minus against giving  a total as that is what the OP post I replied to was about.................. still, if it means you are right then move the goal posts all you fancy. It does not change the fact that Starmer has  a NEGATIVE net popularity (as on BBC Politics live yesteday whoch you all ignored)................... and no incoming PM has ever had that before.

Still Labour are going to be perfect and sort everything cos they are so wonderful - DOH

so compromise is fine for coalition parties, its not fine for labour to compromise with what the electorate will accept, exactly the same reasoning as the scottish greens are doing by not quitting that coalition.

its funny how the people who advocate compromise only compromise in their own  favour.

A new poll for the Standard which includes the following text:

"Fifty-six per cent say they dissatisfied with the Labour leader (up one point), 25 per cent satisfied (down four points), a net score of -31, and similar to -32 for William Hague and Ed Miliband’s -34 at similar points in their leadership."

A net score of minus 31 - oh dear!!!!

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/politics/rishi-sunak-tories-record-low-rating-prime-minister-jeremy-corbyn-poll-b1152246.html

Still, Starmer is obviously great cos the Chuckle Brothers say so.

23 minutes ago, Neil said:

so compromise is fine for coalition parties, its not fine for labour to compromise with what the electorate will accept, exactly the same reasoning as the scottish greens are doing by not quitting that coalition.

its funny how the people who advocate compromise only compromise in their own  favour.

Internal party policy is not comparible to coalition government.

Nice try in your open hatred of the Greens.

Just now, Nobody Interesting said:

Internal party policy is not comparible to coalition government.

Nice try in your open hatred of the Greens.

it wasn't really the greens i was taking the piss out of. 😛 

31 minutes ago, Nobody Interesting said:

emember when the Lib Dems got the blame for everything under the coalition government?

This is the same - coalition means compromise and despite protesting about this policy change and arguing against it the Greens have had to accept it.

Personally I think it stinks and what happens in 2035, 2045 etc when 'there is not enough money'?

I have said it before and will say it again - climate change needs to be treated like  awar - where money is no object.

I guess point is smaller parties can say all sort of sh*t because they never get into power, except in case where they do usually as part of a coalition and then have to compromise and water down everything like you say. Same happened with German greens.

2 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

I guess point is smaller parties can say all sort of sh*t

greens in Bristol promise more housing if they win the council elections and then oppose the housing that the council wants to build.

i guess that's because their housing promise only counts if they win the election, and not because they believe in the need for more housing.

Edited by Neil

8 minutes ago, Nobody Interesting said:

A new poll for the Standard which includes the following text:

"Fifty-six per cent say they dissatisfied with the Labour leader (up one point), 25 per cent satisfied (down four points), a net score of -31, and similar to -32 for William Hague and Ed Miliband’s -34 at similar points in their leadership."

A net score of minus 31 - oh dear!!!!

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/politics/rishi-sunak-tories-record-low-rating-prime-minister-jeremy-corbyn-poll-b1152246.html

Still, Starmer is obviously great cos the Chuckle Brothers say so.

i bet green party members are very pissed of with their own useless anonymous  leaders.

7 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

Same happened with German greens.

they did get the nukes shut down, which is probably why the english, and scottish greens won't come up with a net zero plan, they still hope to do the same here.

Edited by Neil

1 minute ago, Nobody Interesting said:

This site so needs a laughing emoji option on the feedback bit..............................

you don't need an emoji to laugh at yourself.

33 minutes ago, Nobody Interesting said:

PS - All you Labour Love in folks - my posts yesterday were talking about NET popularity...... that is pro minus against giving  a total as that is what the OP post I replied to was about.................. still, if it means you are right then move the goal posts all you fancy. It does not change the fact that Starmer has  a NEGATIVE net popularity (as on BBC Politics live yesteday whoch you all ignored)................... and no incoming PM has ever had that before.

Yes Starmer has negative net popularity, don't they all?

9 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

Yes Starmer has negative net popularity, don't they all?

not all, farage; spaffer; trump; sturgeon, all the dodgy  fruitcakes together. 😛 

22 minutes ago, lost said:

Reform on 18 per cent in the red wall now. I wonder if they can overtake the Tories before the election?

Lots of kippers don't seem to know that reform are the kippers ( not the smartest people, kippers) when they work that one out reform support Will increase.

IT probably helps them get lost when there's been lots of new odd parties in recent years, English democrats, etc.

4 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

yeah, you might be right. Who do they replace him with?

Mordant or badonoch or braverman or truss