MEO Kalorama Lisboa 2024

alan_ts

12 minutes ago, BOBBY_FIRMINO said:

Sounds good! Thanks for that

Not very familiar with the festival but it's leading the way so far for this summer's booking.

This was the full line-up last year.

Blur and the Prodigy weren't even announced till June - although this year they may have announced more of the headliners early.

https://clashfinder.com/s/meokalorama2023

• Like 1

14 hours ago, graceunderpressure said:

Surely they will announce more acts soon ? I have my tickets already but a few others I know didn't bite yet and now flights have shot up in price . Looks I might be going on my own 😞

I think i am going alone also however we can go togheter haha

2 hours ago, Dudex14 said:

Lineup updated, looking really good. There is still a headliner missing on the 30th of august, probably only will be announced after primavera sound

Screenshot_20240403_191514_Instagram.jpg

On the 30th? Seriously? I mean, LCD, The Smile, Jungle and TPS/DCFC are not headliners enough?

29 minutes ago, MeMeMeM said:

On the 30th? Seriously? I mean, LCD, The Smile, Jungle and TPS/DCFC are not headliners enough?

Yeah - If it's Justice, surely they would balance that poster out by appearing Sunday.

Saturday seems like overkill.

2 hours ago, bluenova said:

Does anyone have an idea of who might be on the dance stage?

To match last year's poster, we're still nearly 30 names short, but there were 16 on the Panorama stage. Not sure if many/any of the current line up would be.

we still don't know if  they will maintain panorama stage

15 hours ago, Dudex14 said:

Lineup updated, looking really good. There is still a headliner missing on the 30th of august, probably only will be announced after primavera sound

Screenshot_20240403_191514_Instagram.jpg

Is that a guess about the headliner for the 30th, or do you know something?

16 minutes ago, bluenova said:

Is that a guess about the headliner for the 30th, or do you know something?

I dont know anything but i think it is clear that there is a headliner missing there. In the 2 editions of kalorama that have happened there was a headliner only announced in june that came from primavera 

29 minutes ago, Dudex14 said:

I dont know anything but i think it is clear that there is a headliner missing there. In the 2 editions of kalorama that have happened there was a headliner only announced in june that came from primavera 

It's possible, we have PJ Harvey, Lana, Pulp on tour in August

13 minutes ago, Dudex14 said:

Interesting. I'd have thought that Sunday looks a more likely spot for a late announcement.

The spread of acts seems a bit off to me - I know a lot of festivals try to push day tickets with similar artists, but they were selling months of three day tickets on the back of a first poster, that is almost entirely made up of the first two days acts.

50 minutes ago, chilirocker said:

Fred Again is also around and is doing Reading and Rock en Seine

Not at Primavera Porto though- although Prodigy were added late as a headline name last year and neither were they.

The theory is that Blur/Nick Cave were added the last two years after Primavera Porto - possibly because they had deals where they couldn't be announced at other Portuguese festivals till that one had gone ahead.

2 minutes ago, bluenova said:

Not at Primavera Porto though- although Prodigy were added late as a headline name last year and neither were they.

The theory is that Blur/Nick Cave were added the last two years after Primavera Porto - possibly because they had deals where they couldn't be announced at other Portuguese festivals till that one had gone ahead.

Kalorama's director is the same as Vilar de Mouros and hiring Prodigy for both festivals probably had a special price.

I heard a director on a podcast saying that Dua Lipa was 1 million, two concerts 1 million and a half

2 minutes ago, Daniel Ferreira said:

Kalorama's director is the same as Vilar de Mouros and hiring Prodigy for both festivals probably had a special price.

I heard a director on a podcast saying that Dua Lipa was 1 million, two concerts 1 million and a half

If they wait a big longer, they can get Dua Lipa on a BOGOF.

1 minute ago, Daniel Ferreira said:

I think things have been heading that way for a while. I think I saw something with Live Nation where they said they want to sign up artists for festival "tours". I imagine that's much cheaper - probably for both parties.

Don't the Kalorama people do BBK and Casa Mijas too? They've certainly have a lot of crossover and with BBK I wonder if they're able to do deals for one year's BBK at the same time as the following year's Kalorama.

1 hour ago, bluenova said:

I think things have been heading that way for a while. I think I saw something with Live Nation where they said they want to sign up artists for festival "tours". I imagine that's much cheaper - probably for both parties.

Don't the Kalorama people do BBK and Casa Mijas too? They've certainly have a lot of crossover and with BBK I wonder if they're able to do deals for one year's BBK at the same time as the following year's Kalorama.

yes, BBK, Cala Mijas, Kalorama are Last Tour, but there is Last Tour Spain and Portugal, so the Director of Last Tour Portugal is actually director of the Vilar de Mouros Festival and two other small festivals here in Portugal.

On 4/3/2024 at 3:29 PM, chilirocker said:

Fever Ray, Gossip and Soulwax are great additions

They are my top 3 on that release. Yves Tumor, dEUS, Bandalos Chinos are OK. Burna Boy, Raye and Loyle Carner are not so much for my taste.