2025 R&L Festival

Chad888

16 hours ago, SomeoneListeningIn said:

Central Cee // Noah Kahan

Dua Lipa // Kasabian

Green Day // Tame Impala

Central Cee MSE ffs

edit to elaborate - he's big here, releases a big tune every few months but tour sales wise he is nowhere near MSW now, let alone MSE by then.

Edited by gfa
  • Like 1

39 minutes ago, gfa said:

Central Cee MSE ffs

edit to elaborate - he's big here, releases a big tune every few months but tour sales wise he is nowhere near MSW now, let alone MSE by then.

Gonna bookmark this

Central Cee is such a tough one, I previously was very vocal about him being a main sub (which he ended up being) - but he does need to prove himself ticket sales wise. I think he's more likely to headline somewhere like Parklife first before headlining MSE (which I can certainly see happening at some point). If his next album is another hit, alongside some more big singles, I can see him doing it, but until then, I am slightly doubtful. Guess things could change in the new year, as I'm sure another project isn't too far away - but think he needs to do something like Parklife, or The O2 etc etc first, before MSE. 

MSE: Central Cee, Jack Harlow, Blossoms
MSW: Noah Kahan, Beabadoobee, Dominic Fike

MSE: Dua Lipa, Phoebe Bridgers, Caroline Polachek
MSW: Tame Impala, Headie One, Laufey

MSE: Green Day, Courteeners, Turnstile
MSW: Kasabian, Chase + Status, The Last Dinner Party

On 12/15/2023 at 8:41 PM, SomeoneListeningIn said:

MSE: Central Cee, Jack Harlow, Blossoms
MSW: Noah Kahan, Beabadoobee, Dominic Fike

MSE: Dua Lipa, Phoebe Bridgers, Caroline Polachek
MSW: Tame Impala, Headie One, Laufey

MSE: Green Day, Courteeners, Turnstile
MSW: Kasabian, Chase + Status, The Last Dinner Party

Friday is bleak

• Upvote 2

46 minutes ago, Benj said:

Hard to imagine they share a lot of fans

Probs just as much crossover as the pairings this year, bar the Gallagher/Catfish day. Both pretty current/high charting artists so if you're a big Radio 1 listener you'd probably be into both.

51 minutes ago, SomeoneListeningIn said:

Probs just as much crossover as the pairings this year, bar the Gallagher/Catfish day. Both pretty current/high charting artists so if you're a big Radio 1 listener you'd probably be into both.

Happy to pay 110 quid to see them? Not going to happen

Edited by Benj

3 hours ago, SomeoneListeningIn said:

Cench + Noah would shift a lot of tickets

A day can be bleak and still shift tickets

Although not sure its that! Central Cee's biggest ever show is *checks notes* ... a single night at ally pally

2 minutes ago, SomeoneListeningIn said:

What? Have you seen how many tickets Noah Kahan has shifted next year in the UK?

How many of them have paid 110 and are travelling an hour plus to see him in a field?

Don't forget that there were loads on here predicting that if Liam Gallagher and Fred Again were at Reading their days would be instant sell outs. A month later.... not a single ticket category, indeed not even the 'first tier' of tickets have sold out.

Selling a 100 quid ticket to see someone in a field when you have to book a hotel because you can't get home, is not in anyway as easy as selling a 60 quid ticket at your local megadome in the middle of town.

3 minutes ago, gfa said:

A day can be bleak and still shift tickets

Although not sure its that! Central Cee's biggest ever show is *checks notes* ... a single night at ally pally

Sure but the demand for him to do a proper tour is surely there. He never has before, so although you can't demonstrably say how many tickets he would shift, I'm pretty sure he'd comfortably sell out an arena tour in the UK.

4 minutes ago, Benj said:

How many of them have paid 110 and are travelling an hour plus to see him in a field?

Don't forget that there were loads on here predicting that if Liam Gallagher and Fred Again were at Reading their days would be instant sell outs. A month later.... not a single ticket category, indeed not even the 'first tier' of tickets have sold out.

Selling a 100 quid ticket to see someone in a field when you have to book a hotel because you can't get home, is not in anyway as easy as selling a 60 quid ticket at your local megadome in the middle of town.

So it won't be an instant sell out, like literally every year? What's the problem here?

Just now, SomeoneListeningIn said:

Sure but the demand for him to do a proper tour is surely there. He never has before, so although you can't demonstrably say how many tickets he would shift, I'm pretty sure he'd comfortably sell out an arena tour in the UK.

An arena tour of what size? To headline MSE you need to be doing around 3 o2 dates minimum at £60-80 prices at least + all other cities

Really don't think he can do that

Just now, gfa said:

An arena tour of what size? To headline MSE you need to be doing around 3 o2 dates minimum at £60-80 prices at least + all other cities

Really don't think he can do that

I think he'd sell absolutely loads of tickets in London, yeah.