Live at Leeds In The Park 2024

WRhodes493

Couldn't find a forum for next year's Live at Leeds In The Park, so with a lineup announcement due next week I figured it was worth starting one. Looking forward to seeing who's on as enjoyed last year - seen some speculation on Instagram suggesting The Streets and Declan McKenna potentially in the running, the latter of which would be great for me!

13 hours ago, NorthernSoul52 said:

I'm going to hedge that, if they are doing a clutch of festivals, alt-j may rock up here.

But we'll see. Royal Blood also a shout, as miserable as that would be.

Alt-j would be a good shout I reckon. I think they might also go for Bombay Bicycle Club. Also possibility of Django Django and Pigeon Detectives in a sub or 2nd Stage slots. Would love to see them book Young Fathers too - they would be awesome as a 2nd stage headline.

2 hours ago, sheffinghell said:

Alt-j would be a good shout I reckon. I think they might also go for Bombay Bicycle Club. Also possibility of Django Django and Pigeon Detectives in a sub or 2nd Stage slots. Would love to see them book Young Fathers too - they would be awesome as a 2nd stage headline.

I feel BBC were only there a few years ago. Pigeon Detectives have the homegrow flavour, which should help!

On 11/16/2023 at 2:42 PM, WRhodes493 said:

Couldn't find a forum for next year's Live at Leeds In The Park, so with a lineup announcement due next week I figured it was worth starting one. Looking forward to seeing who's on as enjoyed last year - seen some speculation on Instagram suggesting The Streets and Declan McKenna potentially in the running, the latter of which would be great for me!

I hope that's not accurate, I'm looking at this as an alternative to Neighbourhood but will be doing nothing that weekend if the streets headline! 

Definitely sometime this week - Weds or Fri though? I'm hoping it's Alt-J. I first saw them at LaL back in 2012 in a tiny venue, and was hugely impressed by their Glastonbury set this year, so would be great to see them headline on their home turf.

On 11/18/2023 at 12:04 AM, NorthernSoul52 said:

I'm going to hedge that, if they are doing a clutch of festivals, alt-j may rock up here.

But we'll see. Royal Blood also a shout, as miserable as that would be.

With Festivals at saturation point it is getting pretty bleak the same names being banded about for the last 3 years - Kasabian, Royal Blood, Courteeners, Blossoms, BBC, Wombats, Pigeon Detectives, Reverend etc. 

All decent and enjoyed seeing them all before but next year needs some newer blood being around and playing higher up bills.  Thinking Inhaler, Fontaines, The Snuts, Wolf Alice etc.

2 hours ago, sheffinghell said:

IMG_20231123_100259.jpg

Couldn't really ask for more than The Cribs for me, in Leeds as well so should be a great atmosphere.

A really good start on the rest too, White Lies, Slow Readers, Mysterines, Vitas, Nieve Ella and The Academic are all ones I'd see, Mel C was great at Kendal though not sure I'd need to see her again, and The Kooks aren't my favourites but should be a good singalong. I don't think I've ever seen them in darkness, never been to one of their gigs and they always play daytime at other festivals!