Glastonbury Coach Schedule

IBCanon

Hi everyone,

If the astros aligned , my wife and I will be getting the tickets to Glastonbury 2024, we are planning to flight from Spain. 

We just would like to know if taking the coach from Bristol would be the best option in terms of short trip duration. 

We also would like to know, what are the deporture schedule from brystol to the festival. Is there just 1 schedule or every 30minutes there is a coach, how does it work? As we need to arrange all the logistics of plane tickets...

Thanks everyone!

6 hours ago, IBCanon said:

Hi everyone,

If the astros aligned , my wife and I will be getting the tickets to Glastonbury 2024, we are planning to flight from Spain. 

We just would like to know if taking the coach from Bristol would be the best option in terms of short trip duration. 

We also would like to know, what are the deporture schedule from brystol to the festival. Is there just 1 schedule or every 30minutes there is a coach, how does it work? As we need to arrange all the logistics of plane tickets...

Thanks everyone!

There are regular coach services operated by National Express from Bristol Airport and Bristol itself direct to the festival. The schedule for these will be announced on Friday 17th November 

https://www.nationalexpress.com/en/events/glastonbury

At this stage however I wouldn't expend much time and energy looking at travel arrangements until tickets have been secured. Getting them is really really hard.

7 hours ago, IBCanon said:

Hi everyone,

Thanks everyone!

Listen to @Lycra plenty of time to sort the logistics in the slim chance you get a ticket 

4 hours ago, IBCanon said:

I need to know as I need to try to get the tickets + coach on the selling day. Which of the places offered are close to Glastonbury? I was thinking Bristol or Bath.

Thanks everyone for replying.

Bristol, Bath or Taunton are the closest. 

6 hours ago, IBCanon said:

I need to know as I need to try to get the tickets + coach on the selling day. Which of the places offered are close to Glastonbury? I was thinking Bristol or Bath.

If you are going to try and get ticket+coach package then as @gooner1990 says, Bristol, Bath and Taunton are the closest pick up points for Glastonbury,  however demand for these tickets will be extremely high due to their very closeness.

The problem with coach+tickets packages is that they amount to less than 20% of the total number of the public tickets available for Glasto and these are spread across 42 departure points.  This means that some towns/cities could have as low as 50-60 ticket+coach packages available.

How about London? If not, would be better for us trying to just get the tickets only without transportation and then buying the coach from national express? I just would like to try whatever will help us to get the tickets and of course being convenient for us as we come from Spain and not many flight options to certain cities.

1 hour ago, IBCanon said:

How about London? If not, would be better for us trying to just get the tickets only without transportation and then buying the coach from national express? I just would like to try whatever will help us to get the tickets and of course being convenient for us as we come from Spain and not many flight options to certain cities.

Although numerically most ticket+coach packages probably depart from London they are amongst the most sought-after. It is quite normal for people who fail to get ticket+coach packages to try and get a ticket in the general sale.

It's difficult to overstate how hard it is to get tickets. Demand greatly outstrips supply and the vast majority who want a ticket don't even get onto the ticket purchase website. 

10 hours ago, IBCanon said:

Bristol and London are the only places that let you pick your time in advance, the others don't and you won't know your time until a few weeks before the festival I think. I wouldn't do Bath etc because of this.

London will have way better flight choice as well - so will end up a similar price.

On 11/8/2023 at 12:25 PM, IBCanon said:

If you're flying in, I'd recommend trying for London or Bristol. Those are the only locations where you pick your coach time when booking. All other locations you'll get an email in May telling you what time your coach is, and presumably you'd want your flights sorted well before then.

11 hours ago, Simsy said:

If you're flying in, I'd recommend trying for London or Bristol. Those are the only locations where you pick your coach time when booking. All other locations you'll get an email in May telling you what time your coach is, and presumably you'd want your flights sorted well before then.

Thank you so much! I will stick with London as is more convenient due to all the options with the flights. Thanks everyone!

• 1 month later...

Hey IBCanon we fly in from Spain as well since.. many years now- usually to London. We always need to visit my mother in law as well so we generally hire a care from nearby to her (Basingstoke). We've gone for pre-erected for most of these years- so.. driving into Sticklinch or Worthy View is easy... but it's general parking if you're in a Tipi. Anyway we've been considering getting a National Express probably from Bristol (stay over the night before) basically to take out the bummer of driving on Monday morning.. I know it can take an age waiting for your coach 'home' (back to Bristol to stay over again I reckon) but perhaps no worse than getting out of general parking.. which took us hours this year. I guess similar would apply to London.