Rock in Rio 2024 - Lisbon

Daniel Ferreira

3 hours ago, charlierc said:

Nah. That's held in Oeiras in west Lisbon whereas this is at the Parque Bela Vista, which is also where Kalorama is now held.

In 2024 will not be at Parque da Bela Vista. They will do it at Parque Tejo, close to Vasco da Gama Bridge, where World Youth Day was held last August.

• Upvote 1

On 10/12/2023 at 5:39 PM, MeMeMeM said:

In 2024 will not be at Parque da Bela Vista. They will do it at Parque Tejo, close to Vasco da Gama Bridge, where World Youth Day was held last August.

What´s the size of this site? And the capacity?

Any rumours for the "rock" day? 

1 hour ago, joselito said:

What´s the size of this site? And the capacity?

Any rumours for the "rock" day? 

It is huge (can host thousands and thousands of people). But they said they will keep capacity like Parque da Bela Vista (around 90k).

No big rumours. Foo Fighters might be a possibility, along with Metallica (no dates in Portugal yet for their big tour).

• Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, MeMeMeM said:

It is huge (can host thousands and thousands of people). But they said they will keep capacity like Parque da Bela Vista (around 90k).

No big rumours. Foo Fighters might be a possibility, along with Metallica (no dates in Portugal yet for their big tour).

90k is a lot. This year we have for the first time a RiR São Paulo, with 100k, and FF Headlining. Worst experience ever, because of the audicence. 90% came to se them, and even good bands like Garbage and YYYs had a bad reception. Even Wet Leg played for about 500 people on stage 2 before FF...

6 hours ago, MeMeMeM said:

Foo Fighters ruled out, UK tour

1 minute ago, graceunderpressure said:

Hoping for Pearl Jam for one 22nd and Foo Fighters for the 23rd . A man can dream !

You can dream but Foos are in London on June 22nd and Cardiff on the 25th.

I'm aware there's something of a saga given they were meant to be doing the 2020 edition until covid ruined everything, then they were doing last year's but cancelled all shows after the sad news about Taylor, so I can see why people want them there, but it's just not gonna be for 2024.

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, joselito said:

90k is a lot. This year we have for the first time a RiR São Paulo, with 100k, and FF Headlining. Worst experience ever, because of the audicence. 90% came to se them, and even good bands like Garbage and YYYs had a bad reception. Even Wet Leg played for about 500 people on stage 2 before FF...

Yes, it is a big site. And yeah, audience just go to Rock in Rio for the big headliners. The rest of the bands are totally secundary for most of the attendees. Marketing actions take place all over the site. It is like a shopping mall, with people waiting hours to receive a gift from Vodafone stand or Santander stand. Music is pretty much secondary until the big headliner play.

Last time, Arooj Aftab played in one of the secondary stages... as you can imagine, no one payed attention to a music of silences. Only a few were there, with lots of noise coming from the brands stands, etc. She played the day after in Sintra, at the gardens of Pena Palace, and she mentioned the situation...it is Rock in Rio.

I went a couple of times to see Bruce Springsteen (he only played in Portugal 3 times, and 2 were at Rock in Rio) and another one to see Stevie Wonder. Rock in Rio usually is the best chance you have to catch big headliners playing in Portugal.

Edited by MeMeMeM
Word corrections

2 hours ago, MeMeMeM said:

Yes, it is a big site. And yeah, audience just go to Rock in Rio for the big headliners. The rest of the bands are totally secundary for most of the attendees. Marketing actions take place all over the site. It is like a shopping mall, with people waiting hours to receive a gift from Vodafone stand or Santander stand. Music is pretty much secondary until the big headliner play.

Last time, Arooj Aftab played in one of the secondary stages... as you can imagine, no one payed attention to a music of silences. Only a few were there, with lots of noise coming from the brands stands, etc. She played the day after in Sintra, at the gardens of Pena Palace, and she mentioned the situation...it is Rock in Rio.

I went a couple of times to see Bruce Springsteen (he only played in Portugal 3 times, and 2 were at Rock in Rio) and another one to see Stevie Wonder. Rock in Rio usually is the best chance you have to catch big headliners playing in Portugal.

Perfect description. 

Maybe i´ll be in Lisbon on the first weekend, but i only attend if someone i really like was playing.

On 10/14/2023 at 1:40 AM, joselito said:

That sounds horrendous. For me, a headliner always is just one of the many names on the lineup. 

• Upvote 2

On 10/14/2023 at 12:13 AM, MeMeMeM said:

90k at Parque da Bela Vista seems mad, surely this isn't right?

I went to Kalorama and the main stage felt more like the 50k mark - and you'd assume everyone going is basically just there for Sheeran.

1 hour ago, gfa said:

I went to Kalorama and the main stage felt more like the 50k mark - and you'd assume everyone going is basically just there for Sheeran.

MEO Kalorama only uses half of the Parque da Bela Vista space, it only has space for 40k.

Rock in Rio used the entire Park, so it was 90k.

3 hours ago, gfa said:

Yes, it is right. Parque da Bela Vista is a huge site. Rock in Rio uses almost all the Parque, Kalorama like only half.

Here you can find Roberta Medina (the promoter) mentioning 80k (as per Parque da Bela Vista), but adding that the new site will have more 30.000 sqm: https://www.tsf.pt/portugal/cultura/rock-in-rio-lisboa-sai-da-bela-vista-e-passa-para-o-parque-tejo-em-2024-17155156.html

In 2014, Rolling Stones played at Rock in Rio. There were 90k: https://mag.sapo.pt/musica/artigos/rock-in-rio-lisboa-100-artistas-10-mil-trabalhadores-90-mil-visitantes-por-dia

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, Eugenio said:

so I assume that the Google maps (https://maps.app.goo.gl/ZeuoephVmwo5EE9cA) site is a fake one, because in the video the festival location is very close to the Vasco da Gama bridge, but the Google maps site is in a different location, in the south 

Yes, it is wrong. The festival will be closer to the Vasco da Gama bridge, like in the posted video.

20 minutes ago, Eugenio said:

so I assume that the Google maps (https://maps.app.goo.gl/ZeuoephVmwo5EE9cA) site is a fake one, because in the video the festival location is very close to the Vasco da Gama bridge, but the Google maps site is in a different location, in the south 

So I assume that the exact location, if held in the same site of Jurnada da Juventude, is this https://maps.app.goo.gl/U2tiAXeU1ydDx6ab6