I Days 2024

cirez21

• 2 weeks later...
26 minutes ago, matrainertje said:

Is Sum41 actually headlining this? Seems like a really, really, really small headliner.

A really really really small headliner? Really? Don't think so. There are 2 places for the festival. The smallest one is 30k people and it's where Sum 41 are playing I think. Their success is growing a lot since the last few years, it's their Farewell Tour (last festivals shows in Europe). So more than a decent headliner here.

1 hour ago, Archi said:

A really really really small headliner? Really? Don't think so. There are 2 places for the festival. The smallest one is 30k people and it's where Sum 41 are playing I think. Their success is growing a lot since the last few years, it's their Farewell Tour (last festivals shows in Europe). So more than a decent headliner here.

Didn't know they had a lot of succes in the last year. Actually, I didn't realise they were still around at all. Seemed their succes leaning onto their 3 hits from 2001. 

2 hours ago, matrainertje said:

Didn't know they had a lot of succes in the last year. Actually, I didn't realise they were still around at all. Seemed their succes leaning onto their 3 hits from 2001. 

It's more than just a band with 3 hits. Their first albums (All Killer No FillerDoes This Look InfectedChuck) remain their 3 biggest albums with tons of singles. But the next album Underclass Hero was really good and has lot of success live. Since 2016 with the comeback of Dave and the new drummer Frank, added to the better health of Deryck, their live performance are better years after years. Have a look on their show at Hellfest on YouTube. From playing clubs with 2000p, they headlined 8k arena on their last tours in Belgium. With the pop-punk revival since 3-4 years and the fact they are on tour farewell tour, it all confirms their massive statut right now. They played so early at Rock Werchter in 2022 and it was one of the best shows of the Main Stage in the afternoon. Not a surprise to see them higher everywhere and headline medium festivals like the small place of I-Days (I read on this forum it's a 30k capacity).