WoMAD 2024 tickets?

5co77ie

• 2 months later...
6 minutes ago, BluesManP said:

What's the sale process like? Do tickets sell out in minutes or can I afford a couple of days to think about it?

the meadow camping sells out quick, as do the campervans, every year there's people posting here hoping to get a campervan ticket. the entrance tickets are normally still available when the festival opens.

only need to rush if you want a campervan option.

18 minutes ago, Neil said:

the meadow camping sells out quick, as do the campervans, every year there's people posting here hoping to get a campervan ticket. the entrance tickets are normally still available when the festival opens.

only need to rush if you want a campervan option.

that's great, I only want normal tickets

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

sooo expensive. great festival but its very white middle class - in contrast to the lineup!! when I went the only black people I saw offstage were cleaning the toilets. seemed wrong.

• 2 months later...
On 3/26/2024 at 6:36 PM, Nuthugger said:

sooo expensive. great festival but its very white middle class - in contrast to the lineup!! when I went the only black people I saw offstage were cleaning the toilets. seemed wrong.

I don't know what festivals you go to but £260 for 4 days is the same if not lower than most festivals

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/26/2024 at 5:14 AM, BluesManP said:

I don't know what festivals you go to but £260 for 4 days is the same if not lower than most festivals

so youre saying thats not expensive?? and fyi 260 is well above average. some people only class the big festivals as real festivals but there are loads of cheaper ones. y not is about 100 quid cheaper ffs and is a pretty big one!!

3 hours ago, Nuthugger said:

so youre saying thats not expensive?? and fyi 260 is well above average. some people only class the big festivals as real festivals but there are loads of cheaper ones. y not is about 100 quid cheaper ffs and is a pretty big one!!

38 minutes ago, kerplunk said:

But another £45 if you want to arrive on thursday

+£20 for parking, so not a lot different

On 7/12/2024 at 9:05 AM, Nuthugger said:

£260 is standard weekend festival price in 2024. All the main festivals (I class Womad as one of them) charge that, £50 price range up and down. Go to the main forum page of this website, look at all the festivals there and you will see that over 85% fall within that category.

34 minutes ago, BluesManP said:

£260 is standard weekend festival price in 2024. All the main festivals (I class Womad as one of them) charge that, £50 price range up and down. Go to the main forum page of this website, look at all the festivals there and you will see that over 85% fall within that category.

re cheaper festivals: womad is mostly international artists. Go check how many international festivals those cheaper festivals have (booking John's boomer band who lives a train ride away will be cheaper than booking a random asian folk act on the other side of the globe) and how many non-music activities they have excluding yoga and meditation.

Edited by BluesManP