Victorious Festival 2024 10th Anniversary

Jack01825

50 minutes ago, Cowley4 said:

I see The Human League are doing the rounds that would be a cool sing along for us older folk !!  Hoping for some more 80s/90s bands on the next drop 

Shed Seven, The Wonder Stuff Levellers anyone like that would be great 

I would be onboard for any or all of those 👍

28 minutes ago, sisco said:

Add Heaton + Downey as a fairly likely special guest 

I need to look at this next announcement because last year I was too crossed between things and I was interested in two days. I know that I won't go to Creamfields even if the lineup is good because its not a festival type friends of mine enjoy. 

Leeds the same weekend however does have Leeds Friday and Saturday that could decide it for me. 

On 1/23/2024 at 7:28 AM, sisco said:

Would not surprise me at all if Tom Grennan and Rick Astley are 2 of the special guests, I also thought Busted too.  The Kooks maybe in the frame as well.

Shall keep an eye out on the Tramlies, Y Not and Kendall lineups this week as that should give us more clues 

Definitely up for Tom Grennan & Rick Astley being a special guest. Watched Tom on the acoustic stage in 2017 for about 10/15mins, before we headed over to Sterophonics, mainly cos it was easier to get a drink at the bar and take them to the common stage that year.

I am hoping we get all 3 days afternoon special guest, the final comedy headliner and the Seaside & Beats & Swing headliners, as well as a few more names.

Are we thinking The Kooks could be special afternoon guest this year? Playing literally ever other Superstruct festival. 

Also wonder if we'll get a 'secret' set from anyone this year as they seemed very happy with how McFly went last year.

33 minutes ago, s30foster said:

Are we thinking The Kooks could be special afternoon guest this year? Playing literally ever other Superstruct festival. 

Also wonder if we'll get a 'secret' set from anyone this year as they seemed very happy with how McFly went last year.

Looking around I do think there’s plenty of options, Paul Heaton, The Kooks, Rick Astley, Tom Grennan, Busted are all possible special guests in my eyes.  Would be nice if there was a big surprise out of nowhere 

Biffy Clyro, Jamie T, Fatboy, Slim, Snow Patrol, Courteeners, The Lathums, IDLES, The Pigeon Detectives, Wet Leg, Becky Hill, Soft Play, Natasha Bedingfield

Honestly when you write it out it’s much better than the rest.

Seaech it on social media though and the only one everyone is excited to see is Louis Tomlinson

15 minutes ago, sisco said:

Biffy Clyro, Jamie T, Fatboy, Slim, Snow Patrol, Courteeners, The Lathums, IDLES, The Pigeon Detectives, Wet Leg, Becky Hill, Soft Play, Natasha Bedingfield

Honestly when you write it out it’s much better than the rest.

Seaech it on social media though and the only one everyone is excited to see is Louis Tomlinson

Everyone is excited for the 1D song haha. Nah he'll be good.

I would expect it to look better though because of what you're paying for it, it's nearly double the cost of Y Not. As said, without Fatboy Slim the money is at Y Not again and their second announcement last year included a 3rd down and quarry headliner. 

3 minutes ago, Dales said:

It would be nice if they added a few people who dropped out late last year like Dead Pony & The Mary Wallopers.

Yeah plus Wunderhorse and The Coral.

Quite a lot really last year wasn’t there!

39 minutes ago, kelstar said:

Would be fun if Victorious drop some hints of who they are announcing!

Sadly the worst social media in the history of the world aren’t doing that! Still confused why they don’t make more effort 

22 minutes ago, sisco said:

Sadly the worst social media in the history of the world aren’t doing that! Still confused why they don’t make more effort 

Absolutely! I never understand it either. They have so much potential and I feel this is part of why it never sells out weekend or even day tickets either. That and the fact that getting to the festival is so costly with the shuttle buses etc. 

1 hour ago, kelstar said:

Victorious is one of the biggest capacity festivals in the UK, and has so much potential yet, a lot of people never heard of it x

Portsmouth is an amazing city with so much going on. I still find it is still trying to break free of the old stereotypes though. Ask anybody who hasn't been to the city what they think of it and it won't be "Hideaway Coffee, Victorious Nattys, Video Game cafe, designer outlet shops", it'll be "Drunks and sailors". There's been a lot of work done to push the city and Victorious has been at the heart of it, but it's still not what many people would consider a "go to" destination. 

More of Natty's Chicken Pon Fries for us though, lol