Chairmageddon

riverwise

Yep, far more than previous with chairs furhter forward than previous normal and further back too - even the hill in Arena camping was very busy - the whole site felt, and looked., busier this year.

Campsites were full apart from Arena camping by early Friday am and even with all loos clean and working the queues for them were longer than ever.

I love a chair at a festival and find them hard work without access to one. However, even I thought they were to many in the main arena. They seemed to be everywhere creating lots of dead ends. I did assume as they were allowed there would have been dedicated areas where they were allowed but I guess setting rules/regulations is not very Leveller like.

Gotta admit it is getting out of hand. Loads of chairs in the bit top for the headliner Saturday. 

They should go with a no chairs in tents policy like Glasto.

In the area they were much further forward than before. I get it in the day, I take chairs in for me and the kids for the afternoon but pack them up later on. If I wanted to watch in a chair all evening I would setup behind the walkway across the field not 20M from the stage.

4 hours ago, Skip997 said:

Mind you it is an oldies festival, won't be long before it's all zimmer frames, electric wheel chairs and nurses following everyone around.

very benny hill!

• Upvote 1

First & foremost - I had a great time, 16th BDs for me and the first bringing my family. Fantastic weekend.

We took stools or chairs out with us to have a rest in between bands to stop my back giving in - but as soon as any bands came on we stood up and picked up chairs to either have a dance or wander off and not get in others' way if they wanted to dance. It's an unwritten rule and courteous to others and helps everyone get around and have fun. Night time = no chairs for us as it's too risky for others to fall over, but if we sat down it was on the hill or outside the big top out of the way. The fkn entitlement of some people there this year in particular was mental - sitting on blankets ten people from the stage & getting the hump when they got trodden on, leaving their chairs setup forward of the sound desk while they went off for half an hour to get food, setting up camp with wagons and tons of sh*t in the middle of the crowd so they could see the band then talking loudly until that one song they like comes on. I know, I'm getting old, and going sober for once was not a good move, but the selfishness of some people nearly got too much at times

• Upvote 3