Latitude 2024

chrisplowman

There isn't usually cross over between Reading/Leeds and Latitude, so I think that makes Liam, Gerry cinnamon and catfish unlikely. Personally I'm breathing a sigh of relief. Fred again has said its his only uk festival so sadly he is out. Would have loved to see him at the obelisk. Don't think lana would have been back for a while anyways. 

Couple of announcements due this week, namely Boardmasters which has a very similar range of acts to Latitude 

Also announced today was Lytham Festival

James, Lightning Seeds and Kooks can instantly be ruled out after only playing this year but what are the chances of the others? Madness would be an absolute storm there 

2 hours ago, gfa said:

Very similar is a push!

There is definitely a crossover of acts, they have both had the same headliners over the years (Foals, George Ezra, Florence & The Machine, 1975, Chemical Bros, Bastille, ALt J) but I don't think they have had them in the same year (but I can't be bothered to cross check).  There are usually shared names from the undercard though that play both in the same year. I think this year some of the shared acts were - Last Dinner Party, Confidence Man, Yard Act, Warmduscher, Bob Vylan.

59 minutes ago, Mattcfc1 said:

That deer shed line up is 🔥 

bc camplight cmat and Bombay bc, personal trainer all great 👍 

I just know latitude will end up with hozier as headline which will be bloody awful 😞 

could lcd soundsystem headline they have just been announced for all points east ? 

Would be very happy to see Personal Trainer again - they were great fun live.

I think LCD being at APE rules them out of Latitude unfortunately as they have never shared headliners in the same year.  Which is a shame as I think they would be an excellent booking.

15 hours ago, Mattcfc1 said:

Nice yes good Sunday afternoon slot maybe ? Assuming Duran Duran are on Sunday 

Yeah the date on their website says the Sunday and Duran Duran seem like a good closing headliner, they seemed to make the Sunday in 2023 more of a fun singalong day (James, Bootleg Beatles, Proclaimers) so could see then carrying it on with this 

Can't see it being too long before the next announcement in this case, excited to see what else they have in store for us 

32 minutes ago, Mattcfc1 said:

Why do they take the tickets off sale is it just a marketing ploy ? Or do they go up in price I’m still holding out to see the first line up before I buy tickets. 

Yeah I think it's just a cynical attempt to create a sense of urgency.

The implication being that if you wait, then you're not guaranteed of getting one. Though being realistic, unless they pull out something utterly unexpected and huge, you won't struggle.

34 minutes ago, Mattcfc1 said:

Why do they take the tickets off sale is it just a marketing ploy ? Or do they go up in price I’m still holding out to see the first line up before I buy tickets. 

There will be another release after the announcement, probably a smallish price increase but I'd rather wait it out and know everyone who's on before buying tickets 

19 hours ago, Mattcfc1 said:

19 hours ago, incident said:

Yeah I think it's just a cynical attempt to create a sense of urgency.

The implication being that if you wait, then you're not guaranteed of getting one. Though being realistic, unless they pull out something utterly unexpected and huge, you won't struggle.

I think its all (maybe even more) a push to get people to buy a ticket before the lineup with that urgency

If you like the lineup you'll likely buy one anyway, but i bet people who end up disliking the lineup will also grab one

Someone has pointed out on the glasto forum that the massive attack gig that was announced today will be their "first in the UK for five years" and is in August. I think that and them needing to shift tickets for their own big gig means they can probably be ruled out this year. Which is a shame. 

On 12/4/2023 at 5:12 PM, Chapple12345 said:

Looks like it'll be this week then

They did the same for taking tickets off sale for R+L so maybe it'll be Friday? I can't think if they've ever announced on a weekend before bar Duran Duran

I'm excited to see what they announce. Several acts which I would have been really hyped to see at latitude are now looking like they are ruled out. I do hope it isn't a weak set of headliners this year.  

Anyone else got anymore hopes or predictions? I'm genuinely clueless to the other headliners but my theory currently is: 

Obelisk 

Friday 

Hozier 

Wet Leg

Saturday 

Liam Gallagher

Blossoms 

Sunday 

Duran Duran

Nile Rodgers and Chic

BBC Sounds 

Friday 

Johnny Marr

Saturday 

PJ Harvey

Sunday 

Idles 

Also appearing I could see Arlo Parks, Ash, BC Camplight, CMAT, Declan Mckenna, Echo and the Bunnymen, Gabrielle, Jessie Ware, Jungle, Keane, The Last Dinner Party, The Lathums, Raye, Sigrid, Simple Minds, Softplay, Status Quo, Suede, Texas, Tom Grennan and Tom Odell

I obviously don't expect them all to be there but they seem the right sort of acts who could appear on the lineup