TRNSMT 2024

LD1903

It’s been a couple of years since Gerry Cinnamon has been on the bill so could see him being back. 

Liam Gallagher has said he’ll be touring definitely maybe next year so he may well be a possibility even though it hasn’t been long since he last headlined but we know that TRNSMT don’t care about that with them having Sam Fender on the bill the last 5 years in a row

16 hours ago, northernangel said:

I would genuinely go upto Scotland for that for but I'd be surprised if TRNSMT can pull that in now. That'd TITP sized placements.

Think the only one of them three that would be too big for TRNSMT now would be The Killers and even then they headlined just a few years ago so I wouldn’t say it’s impossible.

LG has headlined twice and Capaldi headlined last year as well as being on the bill in 2019 so I reckon they are realistic shouts

4 hours ago, northernangel said:

The Killers and Lewis Capaldi could easily play outdoor gigs themselves. They might get away with it being Liam Gallager but TRNSMT is not a major festival now, it very much sits on the IOW category of having subs from major festivals, even strong subs. 

Capaldi will probs do stadiums I think. Killers could and do stadiums but they also do tonnes of festivals. They’re playing Edinburgh next month at the connect festival venue, they can defo do trnsmt 

1 hour ago, fraybentos1 said:

Capaldi will probs do stadiums I think. Killers could and do stadiums but they also do tonnes of festivals. They’re playing Edinburgh next month at the connect festival venue, they can defo do trnsmt 

No they aren't, they are playing the same venue used for connect festival after that weekend finishes. They are charging over £10 more for standard ticket as well. But you could say the same about bands about the huge bands playing Scarborough Open Air which is 4k people less. Bands do play random smaller sized gigs.

So my point stands that you agree two of those 3 could play the outdoor stadium gigs instead. 

5 hours ago, northernangel said:

No they aren't, they are playing the same venue used for connect festival after that weekend finishes. They are charging over £10 more for standard ticket as well. But you could say the same about bands about the huge bands playing Scarborough Open Air which is 4k people less. Bands do play random smaller sized gigs.

So my point stands that you agree two of those 3 could play the outdoor stadium gigs instead. 

Eh I said they were playing the venue if you read it again lol. Killers can easily play trnsmt, they did it in 2018, they did T every few years. They are an easy booking and fit perfectly and aren’t above trnsmt at all. 

8 hours ago, fraybentos1 said:

Eh I said they were playing the venue if you read it again lol. Killers can easily play trnsmt, they did it in 2018, they did T every few years. They are an easy booking and fit perfectly and aren’t above trnsmt at all. 

Yes my bad, I thought you said connect. But then as I said, that's like saying anyone who played Lytham or Scarborough is a band for those sized venues. They aren't, they just only have certain venues and the hylands center is one of those prestigious kinda venues.

You know The Killers now compared to 2018 have blown up massively again.

2 hours ago, northernangel said:

You know The Killers now compared to 2018 have blown up massively again.

Nope they’ve always been big and they can easily do trnsmt. Trnsmt might not be able to get anyone they want but they can still get big bands when the time is right and the killers are defo one of them.

43 minutes ago, fraybentos1 said:

Nope they’ve always been big and they can easily do trnsmt. Trnsmt might not be able to get anyone they want but they can still get big bands when the time is right and the killers are defo one of them.

You're every clearly missing the lull everyone knows The Killers had. It's very heavily mentioned their glastonbury secret set virtually reignited them. They played Latitude, Swansea City Stadium and IOW in a period where they very comfortably were not booking major festival headline acts. I'd like to see Latitude go and get them now a year after them having 3 acts, none of which are major festival headliners.

25 minutes ago, northernangel said:

You're every clearly missing the lull everyone knows The Killers had. It's very heavily mentioned their glastonbury secret set virtually reignited them. They played Latitude, Swansea City Stadium and IOW in a period where they very comfortably were not booking major festival headline acts. I'd like to see Latitude go and get them now a year after them having 3 acts, none of which are major festival headliners.

Bands don't always play the biggest places they're capable of playing, hence why they're playing the connect venue grounds next month and why as I've said a million times now they can defo and will defo play trnsmt again in the future. Your argument is that The Killers are too big a catch for trnsmt these days and I think it is nonsense.

The Killers are always a shout but then they’re playing Edinburgh on the Royal Highland Grounds/Connect this year. Along with the 2 nights at Falkirk Stadium last year so maybe they’ll sit next year out? 

I love Sam Fender but he needs to sit this one out, his headline set which pretty much the exact same as his “Special Guest” slot last year. But only time will tell

Not that they need an excuse to tour but if The Killers finally release that new album and are around then I think they’ll headline. Gerry Cinnamon seems a sensible shout too. 

I saw some rumblings of Catfish & the Bottlemen becoming active again, maybe them if they’re back?

I’d prefer their own gig but I wonder if The Cure would be booked? They’ve sold their last two Glasgow gigs well and aren’t too much of a stretch from booking The Strokes/Pulp.

29 minutes ago, kingcrawler said:

Not that they need an excuse to tour but if The Killers finally release that new album and are around then I think they’ll headline. Gerry Cinnamon seems a sensible shout too. 

I saw some rumblings of Catfish & the Bottlemen becoming active again, maybe them if they’re back?

I’d prefer their own gig but I wonder if The Cure would be booked? They’ve sold their last two Glasgow gigs well and aren’t too much of a stretch from booking The Strokes/Pulp.

The Cure would be a decent booking but can’t see DF booking them. TRNSMT lineup’s always seem to lack originality these days sadly

• 2 months later...