Suggestions wanted for 1st time Glastonbury trip 2024-traveling solo

51 minutes ago, John from Birmingham Al said:

I have wanted to go to Glastonbury for many years. However I have no friends or family interested in making the trip.  I would like any suggestions to help me plan and make the trek successfully and safely.  Are there any groups available for newbies to tag along?  Thanks

Its quite far out now but closer to the sale ticket buying groups will pop up - there are also solo camper groups (mostly on Facebook i think)

Good luck with the sale!

2 hours ago, John from Birmingham Al said:

I have wanted to go to Glastonbury for many years. However I have no friends or family interested in making the trip.  I would like any suggestions to help me plan and make the trek successfully and safely.  Are there any groups available for newbies to tag along?  Thanks

First job get registered , second get tickets … the rest hopefully will fall into place after that with various threads on help offered in the build up to next June 

Hey John

I don't know your age so forgive me if I get this wrong, but theres a Facebook Group called Glastonbury Festival 50+ for older festival goers.  We're a nice supportive bunch!

• 2 months later...
On 7/7/2023 at 11:25 AM, bexj said:

theres a Facebook Group called Glastonbury Festival 50+ for older festival goers.  We're a nice supportive bunch!

Ooh, that sounds interesting.  I'm 62 and considering going next year for the first time.  How would I find that Facebook group? I *think* I have a Facebook account but can never find anything there.

• 5 months later...

I couldn’t find another Glastonbury solo thread for this year so giving this a bump.

Going solo for the first time, volunteering with Avalon, after years going with groups. Looking forward to it but I don’t enjoy watching acts by myself and I’m not always relaxed approaching others, so keen to find others going solo too.

On 7/7/2023 at 11:25 AM, bexj said:

Hey John

I don't know your age so forgive me if I get this wrong, but theres a Facebook Group called Glastonbury Festival 50+ for older festival goers.  We're a nice supportive bunch!

Would you accept a 45 year old? 😂

On 7/6/2023 at 7:59 PM, John from Birmingham Al said:

Volunteer