Arcadia noise - where has it gone?

glastobird

Apologies if this has already been asked but does anyone know what's happened to the noise at Arcadia when the flames kick off? 

We were wondering if it was something to do with noise restrictions or maybe they'd upgraded the equipment. Tbh we have no idea, all I know is I missed it!! 

3 minutes ago, efcfanwirral said:

Are the flames also a bit less bright? I camped in Hawkwell for the first time since 2015 and i distinctly remember the last time I'd not only hear the whooosh but see it also from within the tent

We used to camp in the Park when the spider first arrived and it would shake our tent all night. I found it quite comforting to sleep to!

17 minutes ago, Dave_c said:

Probably related to the sustainable fuel they were using, might use a different delivery system. It did appear to be a bit 'Smokey' as well 

Yes, biofuel rather than propane, which was used in the first incarnations of the Spider.

The propane jets were quite something. Sat in a nearby structure with walls - a portacabin or just a plain old school portaloo - the shockwave would momentarily turn the panelling into a giant speaker - WHAM!

The biofuel burners were custom developed for Arcadia and first used at their Bristol Queens Square gig. As much to avoid blowing the windows out of the neighbouring buildings as it was to be greener.

One night on all-propane would get through half a ton of gas. Yep, half a ton. Its days - at Glastonbury at least - were always going to be numbered. But blimey it packed a punch. 

• Upvote 1