Return Coaches - can you jump on a later one?

Mark Greensmith

So me and my girlfriend have got thursday coach tickets and we'll arrive approximately 6pm to the fest - not ideal but can't really complain and will make it work!

However, our coach home is 5:30am on the Monday to Manchester and we've really not really much desire to jump onto that. If we did turn up say late morning/early afternoon, could you potentially jump on any coach? Has anybody gotten any experience of doing this in the past? 

Aware that many jump in with their friends and I feel like it's kind of impossible for me to gauge without risking missing the coach and hoping for the best!

My experience has definitely been that its pretty much a free for all on the Monday for return coaches. However, I doubt this is actually official policy and I suspect you do risk later coaches being full/busier. A good back up would be to book a separate coach or train back, although that will be costly! 

5 minutes ago, Joshuwarr said:

My experience has definitely been that its pretty much a free for all on the Monday for return coaches. However, I doubt this is actually official policy and I suspect you do risk later coaches being full/busier. A good back up would be to book a separate coach or train back, although that will be costly! 

I've never been on the coach but this is exactly as I would expect it. However it's just a risk isn't it.

The stupid part is - I know what i'll be missing is potentially not really that much, but the possibly of missing a sunny sunrise at the stone circle is making me upset!

Yep, totally get you! We have a return coach at 4am on Monday so in a similar position but have decided I'll pack everything and store it in the lock up and go out for a few hours then collect it around 2am and just deal with it. I tend to end up in bed early on the Sunday night anyway so I don't mind too much.

I think it depends what time your coach is.

I got a coach home last year at 5.30am to Oxford and they were checking EVERYONES name off the list so don't just make the assumption because it does happen that it will happen for sure on your coach, but perhaps later on in the day its ok?

For seetickets coaches I've got later on more than one occasion without it being an issue. There will be a proportion who find other ways home, so usually they just want to fill the coaches with the see passengers and get them despatched. 

21 hours ago, Mark Greensmith said:

So me and my girlfriend have got thursday coach tickets and we'll arrive approximately 6pm to the fest - not ideal but can't really complain and will make it work!

However, our coach home is 5:30am on the Monday to Manchester and we've really not really much desire to jump onto that. If we did turn up say late morning/early afternoon, could you potentially jump on any coach? Has anybody gotten any experience of doing this in the past? 

Aware that many jump in with their friends and I feel like it's kind of impossible for me to gauge without risking missing the coach and hoping for the best!

I can only speak from my one experience in 2019 with coach tickets but it was obviously full on the way there and barely half full on the way back. Anyone could walk on, and one of our friends who was due to get the train just jumped on the coach with us. No idea whether this was standard practice though. 

2 hours ago, JB0108 said:

I can only speak from my one experience in 2019 with coach tickets but it was obviously full on the way there and barely half full on the way back. Anyone could walk on, and one of our friends who was due to get the train just jumped on the coach with us. No idea whether this was standard practice though. 

Yep I would also think if you're a see passenger they'd just want to get you home. It's just a risk though really isn't it, and i'm debating whether a few extra hours on the hill after the music is really worth it... lets see how we feel sunday/monday.

30 minutes ago, Mark Greensmith said:

Yep I would also think if you're a see passenger they'd just want to get you home. It's just a risk though really isn't it, and i'm debating whether a few extra hours on the hill after the music is really worth it... lets see how we feel sunday/monday.

My coach home to Oxford is also at 5.30am...I'm going to leave my bags at PGA lockups Sunday lunchtime, go out all day, then walk back to PGA for around 4.30am and then get on the coach and sleep.

Its a bit frustrating having to leave early but then that's probably better than the risk of not getting a coach home or having to pay for another one or then have to try and get a train if nothing avaliable....in reality you'd probably be ok, but for me personally I wouldn't want to make that risk!

Pack all your stuff and leave in the Gate A lockup.  Go for an allnighter - pick your stuff up at 5am and jump on the coach home!!  Shangri-La etc is good on a Sunday night, less busy and doesn't finish til 4am...

57 minutes ago, bexj said:

Pack all your stuff and leave in the Gate A lockup.  Go for an allnighter - pick your stuff up at 5am and jump on the coach home!!  Shangri-La etc is good on a Sunday night, less busy and doesn't finish til 4am...

That's exactly when I'm doing! 😄 

1 hour ago, bexj said:

Yep this is the way.

Plan to put all in lockup and party away! I want to carry on even longer though and watch the sunrise at stone circle and meet some more strangers.

I think though, if I did go home at 5:30am i'll be so thankful in the end that the journey had already been tackled and it was out the way.

Edited by Mark Greensmith