Football 2023/24

charlierc

2 hours ago, Ryan1984 said:

Nice. Where did you see it’s on iPlayer?

I can’t make it to the Midlands on Sunday so trying to find a stream. 5,000 Shots fans going up there!

its listed on this page saying iplayer

https://r.search.yahoo.com/_ylt=AwrLD1UWlJhlyBcaUj93Bwx.;_ylu=Y29sbwMEcG9zAzEEdnRpZAMEc2VjA3Ny/RV=2/RE=1704526998/RO=10/RU=https%3a%2f%2fwww.bbc.co.uk%2fsport%2ffootball%2f67658830/RK=2/RS=5lEiSV.6ou4Ww_a.HO2kUO_6pYE-

Edited by Neil

On 1/5/2024 at 11:42 PM, Neil said:

Just noticed that it's not listed on that page now so maybe the broadcast has been pulled. Will check at two o'clock 

59 minutes ago, Ryan1984 said:

It’s not going well at all.

Would've been nice to see another one joining Maidstone (and Eastleigh given they're getting a replay against Newport) in keeping the non-league flag flying in the Cup. But that can happen.

Least it's not 7-0 like the thrashing WBA gave Gateshead a few years back.

1 hour ago, charlierc said:

Would've been nice to see another one joining Maidstone (and Eastleigh given they're getting a replay against Newport) in keeping the non-league flag flying in the Cup. But that can happen.

Least it's not 7-0 like the thrashing WBA gave Gateshead a few years back.

Shots fans are delighted with a goal!

5 minutes ago, Ryan1984 said:

Shots fans are delighted with a goal!

I'm delighted with them outsinging the baggies fans.

All about the playoffs now.

43 minutes ago, thetime said:

Arteta is blagging it at arsenal.

The question tbf is where exactly do they go from here. Though the lack of depth they have does seem to keep biting them on the arse. It's also all well and good saying spend big money on a new striker but those weren't cheap in the summer, let alone January when everything is way pricier.

9 hours ago, charlierc said:

The question tbf is where exactly do they go from here. Though the lack of depth they have does seem to keep biting them on the arse. It's also all well and good saying spend big money on a new striker but those weren't cheap in the summer, let alone January when everything is way pricier.

The lack of depth? Where? You could argue that point on every club other than city, perhaps Chelsea but that's another story. 

Arsenal has spent over  £700 million in 5 years. 

Edited by thetime

11 hours ago, thetime said:

The lack of depth? Where? You could argue that point on every club other than city, perhaps Chelsea but that's another story. 

Arsenal has spent over  £700 million in 5 years. 

Saka-Jesus-Martinelli is a decent front trio but I'm not 100% convinced the back-up options to that three are to the same level. I like Trossard but Nketiah doesn't seem to have developed as much as people were expecting, while Smith-Rowe seems to have stalled following an injury and Arteta's stubbornness in not rotating.

£700million really doesn't get you the same kind of game-changers it used to. At the very least spending that kind of money to try the same failed "Havertz as a false 9" thing Chelsea did for years isn't exactly progress, even if it's better than their comically awful first half to the season in the lockdown season.

24 minutes ago, charlierc said:

Saka-Jesus-Martinelli is a decent front trio but I'm not 100% convinced the back-up options to that three are to the same level. I like Trossard but Nketiah doesn't seem to have developed as much as people were expecting, while Smith-Rowe seems to have stalled following an injury and Arteta's stubbornness in not rotating.

£700million really doesn't get you the same kind of game-changers it used to. At the very least spending that kind of money to try the same failed "Havertz as a false 9" thing Chelsea did for years isn't exactly progress, even if it's better than their comically awful first half to the season in the lockdown season.

Personally think they have the best squad depth other than city. 

On 1/7/2024 at 6:53 PM, Ryan1984 said:

FA Trophy next week!

Is that between the cup and the vase? I was ball boy for a vase semi final featuring Farnborough at cherry wood road in about 1980. 

6 hours ago, Neil said:

Is that between the cup and the vase? I was ball boy for a vase semi final featuring Farnborough at cherry wood road in about 1980. 

Yeah, it’s the National League plus NL North and South I believe. Final is now a double header at Wembley with the Vase as well!

18 hours ago, Gnomicide said:

The Arsenal team couldn't collectively hit a barn door yesterday (again), yet the BBC Sport page is carrying an article on Nunez's big misses. A pretty lazy narrative, all told.

Given he had a personal xG of nearly 2 against Newcastle but failed to score, indicating he missed a lot of chances, that kind of thing probably doesn't help. Although granted Newcastle's defence gave up an xG of over 7 in that game, so there were plenty of chances, plus against Arsenal, he looked very effective when moved into an LW role.

On 1/9/2024 at 7:09 PM, pink_triangle said:

Have watched Wrexham lose that final twice, horrible place!

Better for concerts anyway.

Although being there for England winning the Women's Euros was one of my favourite football games attended in the last few years.

2 hours ago, charlierc said:

Because Everton weren't already irate about the first points deduction handed down last autumn

cos Everton deserve to be wacked again while city and Chelsea walk free.