Reactions to the full lineup

goonerben

Just had a look back at previous line ups down the years. Been everyone since 94. Early ones, for me are stacked. Epic events. The later ones, which includes last 10 I guess, I actually wonder wtf I was doing. Handful acts each year. Hilarious...

Now of course consideration of my age etc, the obvious thing I notice is how 'genres' change. So many acts seem to be, well really generic safe pop. Not alternative like I consider. I mean alternative and indie has been pop (I hate that word btw). 

What my saying... No idea. Genuinely say there is nothing I will see on pyramid. Perhaps Bristol reggae thing, forgot its name. But that's first thing... I likely doubt I'll get there. 

Itll be great no doubt of course. And besides, the weather is the most important thing anyway 😜

19 hours ago, -TLR- said:

he showed himself to be such a delusional idiot that day - he had his band set up and was conducting them like he believed he was Bruce leading the E Street Band.

don't think i've ever seen an "artist" with an opinion of themselves so far removed from reality.

and those people dragged along a full size door, painted green, and he didn't play it!

Christ on a bike, I remember that. By some distance the weirdest Glastonbury set I've ever seen. Absolute open goal - sun was shining, Saturday midday, huge crowd...and he absolutely screwed it up.

As you say, a massive ego and lack of humility. Played loads of stuff off his new album and didn't play Green Door (number one when I was born and as you say, people had made a freakin' paper mache door!), didn't play his Christmas song which would have gone down a storm...

...and worse still, do you remember that absolutely bizarre and completely random version of Pink's 'Trouble'? What on earth was that all about? People around me were absolutely baffled and leaving in droves.

If he'd gone on and just had fun (as I'm sure Rick will) it would have been such a silly, fun Glastonbury memory. As it is, I'm struggling to think of a worse set I've seen at Worthy Farm, and certainly on the Pyramid stage

Edited by foolsgold1981
  • Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, foolsgold1981 said:

Christ on a bike, I remember that. By some distance the weirdest Glastonbury set I've ever seen. Absolute open goal - sun was shining, Saturday midday, huge crowd...and he absolutely screwed it up.

As you say, a massive ego and lack of humility. Played loads of stuff off his new album and didn't play Green Door (number one when I was born and as you say, people had made a freakin' paper mache door!), didn't play his Christmas song which would have gone down a storm...

...and worse still, do you remember that absolutely bizarre and completely random version of Pink's 'Trouble'? What on earth was that all about? People around me were absolutely baffled and leaving in droves.

If he'd gone on and just had fun (as I'm sure Rick will) it would have been such a silly, fun Glastonbury memory. As it is, I'm struggling to think of a worse set I've seen at Worthy Farm, and certainly on the Pyramid stage

Same for me, Aug 6th 1981 🙂 

• Upvote 1

15 hours ago, D-Low said:

Also no silent disco, again. Really not sure why this was scrapped. Was dearly missed last year. I

I figured last year it may have been as we were still in the shadow of COVID and people might not have been keen to put a random headset on, so surprised it hasn't returned.