Love the farm , Leave no Trace

Crazyfool01

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

It's getting close folks.

I don't really think I have to remind anyone on here, but here goes anyway

1. Use the wonderful bins, courtesy of Hank, @Funkyfairy!, and many others
  2. Take all non consumables you brought with you home. No abandoned tents.
  3. Don't urinate on the land. Polution of the local water ways is the most likely reason that the festival will cease.
  4. Don't destroy natural habitat. Live wood doesn't burn.
  5. Respect your neighbours and those around you.
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 5

2 hours ago, Skip997 said:

3. Don't urinate on the land. Polution of the local water ways is the most likely reason that the festival will cease.

Wise words. You should paste that into a jpeg with your nick and share onto the festival's socials. 

Hi everyone! I'm new on here but I'd love your input on a project I'm working on. My name is Jazmin, I live in Brisbane, Australia and I am currently doing an investigation on sustainability in music festivals with a spotlight on Glastonbury. I know Glastonbury has implemented a number of initiatives and I'd love to hear from you. Personally, I've never been to Glastonbury (even though I'd love to) so any details that you can tell me would be amazing. The Microsoft form link is below:

https://forms.office.com/Pages/ResponsePage.aspx?id=QlPnnsEi9UG5a5ghe25vS0iFC33HEzVHuJqJzYiw5stUM1A2SVBIT1dUTEdCSk1IRFNTVUs3NUpURC4u

Thank you!

On 4/10/2023 at 6:34 PM, Crazyfool01 said:

big blocker to people flow

That’s also an apt description of the halfwits who find it acceptable to leave empty cans in the urinals. In what world to blokes think that’s any way to behave, and who do they think is going to have the not very enjoyable job of retrieving their piss covered cans for disposal?

• Upvote 1

I was at Bearded Theory last week where there's an embargo on vehicles in the arena from 9am to whenever....gone 3am.  

I was absolutely amazed at the little amount of litter.  Reusable cups definitely helped, but people just put their food and drinks waste in a bin.  Thats it, so simple.  

The campsites were similar on leaving, not a jot of litter anywhere.

Its possible, you don't have to live like a pig just because you're on a farm.

3 minutes ago, bexj said:

The campsites were similar on leaving, not a jot of litter anywhere.

Its possible, you don't have to live like a pig just because you're on a farm.

Same story with Shambala every year.

No tents left last year.

On 6/2/2023 at 3:40 AM, Jaz27 said:

Hi everyone! I'm new on here but I'd love your input on a project I'm working on. My name is Jazmin, I live in Brisbane, Australia and I am currently doing an investigation on sustainability in music festivals with a spotlight on Glastonbury. I know Glastonbury has implemented a number of initiatives and I'd love to hear from you. Personally, I've never been to Glastonbury (even though I'd love to) so any details that you can tell me would be amazing. The Microsoft form link is below:

https://forms.office.com/Pages/ResponsePage.aspx?id=QlPnnsEi9UG5a5ghe25vS0iFC33HEzVHuJqJzYiw5stUM1A2SVBIT1dUTEdCSk1IRFNTVUs3NUpURC4u

Thank you!

Hello - I'm sure loads of people would be interested in helping you, but those are very open questions. 

So I'm wondering how you're hoping to make sense of the data? 

On 6/1/2023 at 9:52 PM, Skip997 said:

This is great advice.

Can I add also, bring some of your own bin liners and/or poly bags to collect waste.

I will also have my stainless steel mug for beer, but unfortunately the Glastonbury branded lanyard has perished due to age... Not every bar will fill it though, but I found some that did last year.

And if a bin looks like it's overflowing... don't play 'litter buckaroo' hang on to your trash until you find another one.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
1 hour ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

Obviously those attending Leeds haven’t got the message, seems lots of tents chairs etc left

That's actually an improvement on previous Leeds festivals.

For a start it doesn't look like any tents have been burnt.

• Crazyfool01 changed the title to Love the farm , Leave no Trace
4 minutes ago, Crazyfool01 said:

So with 55 days to go a quick reminder that everyone signed the Worthy Farm pledge on ticket day .... please take your sh*t home .... here's my leaving photos for last 4 festivals ... anyone got similar ? 

IMG_4280.jpeg

IMG_3755.jpeg

IMG_6578.jpeg

IMG_3384.JPG

A good reminder to all to bin their litter, take tents and chairs home, don’t leave pegs in the ground etc etc.  I however won’t take my sh#t home, it will stay in the long drops😊