Difference between regular tickets and Hospitality?

FestiHead

58 minutes ago, Scrump said:

@Neil @stuie @Supernintendo Chalmers do you guys meet up at the festival as part of the Wednesday meet up?I can't tell if this is friendly banter or not. I wonder what It looks like in real life🤔

It would appear that Neil seems to think that even constructive questions are a thinly-veiled dig. I've been to the eFests meet once, everyone was really friendly, including Neil himself. "The spirit of the festival" is best experienced in person, rather than behind a keyboard, clearly.

Edited by Supernintendo Chalmers
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, CanadianGuy said:

Kinda off-topic, but are there any legitimate places you can buy hospitality tickets? I saw a website called Yurtel selling it but not sure if it's legit

If you enquire via the Hospitality section on their website you can try, but you have to have some kind of connection to the acts performing on the main stages apparently

21 hours ago, Longdrop Bum Grapes said:

I’ve had an upgrade a couple of times in the past, but it has been for free.

never camped in the hospitality area, the interstage area is handy if you want to get between pyramid and other quickly, or if you want a sit down and it’s muddy. 

just a couple of bars and a restaurant selling same beer at same price. 

but really not worth paying for, and is full of ar$eholes who add nothing to the festival vibe you get elsewhere 

Hahaha will bear this in mind. It's the camping situation (i.e. not having to get up at 5am to get a spot in Oxlyers) and the showers that're pushing me

3 hours ago, Scrump said:

Great to have the opportunity to buy tix like this eve if you don't need it. A lot of us would love this sort of option I'm sure! What line of business are you in?

This is one of those good problems👌

Thought it might be worth trying for a year for sure! Company I work for is an agency that works with major and indie labels, we haven't tried before so thought may as well give it a go

3 hours ago, The Nal said:

Id a hospitality ticket one year and met some music industry type in the bar behind the Pyramid who was taking delight in telling people he hadnt seen any bands. And wont be. 

Like that was just for plebs. 

Well, it's probably a bit of a busman's holiday for him 

59 minutes ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

What a very strange response. My question wasn't intended to be provocative, I was just interested

Nuthing wrong with referring to babylon backstage 

1 minute ago, FestiHead said:

Don't understand - what is babylon backstage

Babylon is the central area, market, pyramid, other, etc. 

Babylon backstage is the intersyltage main hospitality area. 

1 hour ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

It would appear that Neil seems to think that even constructive questions are a thinly-veiled dig. I've been to the eFests meet once, everyone was really friendly, including Neil himself. "The spirit of the festival" is best experienced in person, rather than behind a keyboard, clearly.

Well that's good to hear, it's certainly the answer I was hoping for!

10 minutes ago, Neil said:

Babylon is the central area, market, pyramid, other, etc. 

Babylon backstage is the intersyltage main hospitality area. 

Babylon is the name given to the main stage area by people who don't go there. 

Historically used by hippies and old green field folk who don't like the mainstream side of the festival.

Babylon: a strong and powerful, yet corrupted and immoral place.

We hear tales from the rest of the festival, that other world. People our end call it Babylon

Edited by stuie
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

It does make you wonder why they still go 😂 

Actually, that's a fair question. @Neil @Skip997 with all the changes over the years, and your indifference to many of the acts and areas, what keeps you coming back? 

Been through this countless times.

It's a different scene among the old school SE corner crew, almost like a family gathering over 10 days, some old friends I only see at Glastonbury these days. Hanging out, full meals in caravans, motorhomes, Tipis etc.

Aside from that there's enough music I like and I love having a dance midnight.

For sure I can do without Pyramid (except occasional band), Acoustic (not been since 1985), Avalon, SH (since The Blues went) and ain't a fan of anything north of Yeoman's Bridge.

But then there's plenty I love as well: WH, Glade, SE corner, Green Fields etc

Difficult to explain, but it's a very different experience.

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Skip997 said:

Aside from that there's enough music I like and I love having a dance midnight.

For sure I can do without Pyramid (except occasional band), Acoustic (not been since 1985), Avalon, SH (since The Blues went) and ain't a fan of anything north of Yeoman's Bridge.

But then there's plenty I love as well: WH, Glade, SE corner, Green Fields etc

Difficult to explain, but it's a very different experience.

That all works for me.