2023 ticket competitions

Leyrulion

4 minutes ago, Chip Batch said:

Was calling on both my work and personal phone. Got the dialling tone loads of times but no answer 😞

I was going to listen to the competition on air but no point torturing myself further and putting up with Michael Buble so back to 6music now. 

Yep same!

Just now, gooner1990 said:

Surprised you didn't get yourself in with any of the resale groups on here? (unless you did and I wasn't aware!)

Me too! I've never joined a resale group so wasn't sure how it worked 😞

2 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

Adele from Manchester not knowing Dolly Parton and then pleading when she lost was a little interesting

I felt for her. She's a veteran and lost to a complete newbie. Tbh that first ever headliner Q would have had me stuck without google.

Just now, Lubic said:

I felt for her. She's a veteran and lost to a complete newbie. Tbh that first ever headliner Q would have had me stuck without google.

Yeah that was the only question I wouldn’t have got! To get through and not win but be even more devastating than failing on ticket day. 

10 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

Adele from Manchester not knowing Dolly Parton and then pleading when she lost was a little interesting

I did actually go back and listen. Felt really bad for her - she was obviously really excited and desperate to go! That was the hardest question too - some were ridiculously easy. They didn't really warn her about a time limit either until it was too late. 

6 minutes ago, gooner1990 said:

What was the question?

The first ever headliner in 1971. I had to think but got it (in my head) 😄

The biggest crowd in 2014 for which legend slot? I haven't been to many of those slots so was unsure if it was Lionel Richie or Dolly Parton. She said Dolly Parton a second or two after they said her time was up, but didn't really warn her there was a time limit.

Just listened back to that on BBC sounds.

The first question was incorrectly dated, it was 2015 that Florence + the machine replaced the Foo Fighters not 2017.

I also agree that was a bit harsh that they didn't warn them there was timer! 

Poor Adele begging at the end!!

15 minutes ago, Chip Batch said:

The first ever headliner in 1971. I had to think but got it (in my head) 😄

The biggest crowd in 2014 for which legend slot? I haven't been to many of those slots so was unsure if it was Lionel Richie or Dolly Parton. She said Dolly Parton a second or two after they said her time was up, but didn't really warn her there was a time limit.

yeh that was a bit harsh, should have had a countdown timer like Ken Bruce does on Popmaster.