Absolute Idiot's guide to Ticketing for Glasto 2024 (outside UK)

Alec1968

Having signed up and gotten my friends signed up (for 2023 tickets purch), making sure all had each others registration IDs, etc, I received no further information. On-sale day came and went without any confirmation that I could or could not buy tickets with my registration. And could not for the life of me find a link where I could try to make the purchase.

Could someone who was successful in getting tickets for 2023 please explain (as if for a competent 5 year old) exactly what happened for you after you set up your registration? Being all online I can't imagine it's substantially different for a non-UK resident, but there of vourseay be much I don't know.

Thanks!

1 hour ago, Alec1968 said:

Having signed up and gotten my friends signed up (for 2023 tickets purch), making sure all had each others registration IDs, etc, I received no further information. On-sale day came and went without any confirmation that I could or could not buy tickets with my registration. And could not for the life of me find a link where I could try to make the purchase.

Could someone who was successful in getting tickets for 2023 please explain (as if for a competent 5 year old) exactly what happened for you after you set up your registration? Being all online I can't imagine it's substantially different for a non-UK resident, but there of vourseay be much I don't know.

Thanks!

I'm uk based and received an email 24th October from glastonbury@news.seetickets.com

Screenshot_20221202_151743_Gmail.jpg

I think you may have been expecting to receive a link for tickets like you do when you register for pre-sales. That doesn’t happen as long as you have your registration number you just go to the website on the day and attempt to get tickets. If you are registered the good news is that it lasts for years and you can still use your registration number to try in the resale (usually in April) or you can use it next year. 

31 minutes ago, gigpusher said:

I think you may have been expecting to receive a link for tickets like you do when you register for pre-sales. That doesn’t happen as long as you have your registration number you just go to the website on the day and attempt to get tickets. If you are registered the good news is that it lasts for years and you can still use your registration number to try in the resale (usually in April) or you can use it next year. 

and all the info can be found on the official Glastonbury site Here

The one difference with not being in the UK is that you'd have to use a credit card, UK folks being allowed to use debit. And that you may have to pick up your tickets at the box office instead of receiving them at home.

Otherwise, no difference whatsoever. I vaguely remember getting the email about the dates and about the fact that checking that your registration is ok is your job.

The info will always be posted on the Glastonbury website too. Maybe keep an eye on it around March/April and try for resale?

I registered my girlfriend as a first timer about a month before the registration window closed and within about 20 minutes she had and email saying she was signed up confirming her registration number.

You mention you made sure all your friends had each others registration IDs which means you were successfully registered, you wouldn't have a registration number without having successfully registered.

Like anything to do with Glastonbury you can’t rely on emails alone, as although they send them for various things, plenty of people report never receiving them.

You have to be proactive about it, the sale has generally always been in October apart from this year when it was pushed back by about a month, it’s well publicised in advance, but again not necessarily by email.