Cala Mijas 2023

gfa

42 minutes ago, DDave said:

Replaced by Cypress Hill at RES. Pretty much a straight swap haha. 

I haven't put any hopes in something really headliner-wise like Blur or Arcade Fire (even if a little part of me was dreaming) and I was honestly thinking about M83 as they're free that night, they're from Paris and they're in Switzerland the night before.

Cypress Hill are a strange replacement as they have a completely different fanbase from F+TM and some of them are asking for a refund.

It's always really difficult to replace an headliner a few days before... Anyways, I'll have fun, my girlfriend a little less then she expected 😬

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, gigi21 said:

I haven't put any hopes in something really headliner-wise like Blur or Arcade Fire (even if a little part of me was dreaming) and I was honestly thinking about M83 as they're free that night, they're from Paris and they're in Switzerland the night before.

Cypress Hill are a strange replacement as they have a completely different fanbase from F+TM and some of them are asking for a refund.

It's always really difficult to replace an headliner a few days before... Anyways, I'll have fun, my girlfriend a little less then she expected 😬

Wrong thread 🙂

2 minutes ago, Drums Please Fab said:

Yeah Yeah Yeahs or Blur to stand in for Florence would be epic for me.

They would be the 2 for me!  I bought these tickets spontaneously because of Florence playing at the end of me being in Spain on a training course for the summer. Then when I saw Kalorama I wished I'd bought tickets for that. And also, the training course was cancelled and now I've been in Athens but going to Spain from here for Mijas and now Florence might not be going.... hahahaha. Cursed!! (First world problems I know) 

12 minutes ago, gigi21 said:

Yeah, interesting choice of replacement....Although from Florence's eclectic taste in music I'm sure she herself loves Cypress Hill and would like to see them perform Hahah

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Drums Please Fab said:

Yeah Yeah Yeahs or Blur to stand in for Florence would be epic for me.

YYY's make sense due to their dates - can't see it helping ticket sales much as they're a smaller band.

Blur you'd imagine would request to play their album in full again if they replaced them.

Would be easier for them to find someone on tour to do both the Kalorama and CM dates I'd imagine but then who's out there that would fit the bill?

Regarding Yeah Yeah Yeahs I remember something about the art director of Vodafone Paredes De Coura telling on a radio show a few months ago that he was booking them but then they had to shorten their European Tour to only 4 shows due to personal reasons. I won't place my bet on them adding more shows.

14 minutes ago, DDave said:

YYY's make sense due to their dates - can't see it helping ticket sales much as they're a smaller band.

Blur you'd imagine would request to play their album in full again if they replaced them.

Would be easier for them to find someone on tour to do both the Kalorama and CM dates I'd imagine but then who's out there that would fit the bill?

At least Kalorama have Aphex Twin on Florence's day so they can get away with making them headliners and getting a smaller band to replace them. (Like happened with the foals at one of the other festivals Florence has cancelled).

But Mijas really doesn't have anyone which comes close to the size of Florence on her day... I think they are going to find it difficult if she can't play. 

53 minutes ago, Florence2010 said:

At least Kalorama have Aphex Twin on Florence's day so they can get away with making them headliners and getting a smaller band to replace them. (Like happened with the foals at one of the other festivals Florence has cancelled).

But Mijas really doesn't have anyone which comes close to the size of Florence on her day... I think they are going to find it difficult if she can't play. 

Blur seems like the obvious choice size wise and logistically.

Think we need to temper expectations. They would prefer not to splurge on Blur etc and in any case probably not even possible at such short notice.

They could even e.g. move Foals to the headline spot on the final day if they want to be really tight about it.

But I expect them to get someone...a bit average.

14 hours ago, VCF said:

Seems like her EU tour ended this weekend in Portugal but no festival tried to get Lorde?

She was the most logical replacement for Florence but for some reasons it didn't happen during these two weeks, so it won't happen later, I think.

18 hours ago, Drums Please Fab said:

Blur seems like the obvious choice size wise and logistically.

Blur cost a fortune compared to Florence I think - would probably blow all chance of this year's fest making any kind of profit

They'd be the absolute last choice - i reckon they'd rather just get a sh*t replacement band honestly and deal with the backlash vs booking blur and losing money

1 hour ago, gfa said:

Blur cost a fortune compared to Florence I think - would probably blow all chance of this year's fest making any kind of profit

They'd be the absolute last choice - i reckon they'd rather just get a sh*t replacement band honestly and deal with the backlash vs booking blur and losing money

Presumably a solo dj act like Jamie XX would be easiest of all to arrange. He is also free.

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, xxialac said:

Prodigy have to be another reasonable bet. Already on their radar with Kalorama, they missed some gigs recently (but now better) so perhaps open to 'catch up' and headline and probably not too price prohibitive (cheaper than FATM for sure).

They cancelled Dreambeach festival in Almeria so that might prevent them being announced for CM

• Upvote 1

51 minutes ago, xxialac said:

Presumably a solo dj act like Jamie XX would be easiest of all to arrange. He is also free.

Definitely - theres plenty of those about too ... Jamie XX would be disappointing though he's rubbish live i've near unanimously heard

11 minutes ago, DDave said:

They cancelled Dreambeach festival in Almeria so that might prevent them being announced for CM

Prodigy are back on the road as of last night, check their instagram